Metaloy Blackhawk ?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

hesco

Bearcat
Would a metaloy finish on a Blackhawk,super Blackhawk increase the value, if so how much.

VinnieBoomBah

Bearcat
It would increase it by the amount that someone that wanted a Metaloy refinished Blackhawk was willing to pay.

It would decrease the value for everyone else that didn't want a non factory finish.

Metaloy is a fabulous finish. Hard, durable, protective and not that expensive.
I have a Model 19-3 that I bought second hand done in Metaloy and I really like it. As far as adding to the value....that's why I buy guns like that second hand. I really don't like reblued guns.....I can usually find some little flaw, but most new guns come with flaws also.

schloss

Single-Sixer
In my opinion, no, it would not. If you're looking to have it done to increase value, I think you'll come out losing. If it's already been done, I'd place it at similar condition refinished guns, and go from there.

schloss said:
In my opinion, no, it would not. If you're looking to have it done to increase value, I think you'll come out losing. If it's already been done, I'd place it at similar condition refinished guns, and go from there.

^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I don't see any extra value either. I had it done to a rifle of mine and it's great. I like it. But if a guy wants a "stainless" looking gun, that's what he needs to buy. He's selling a refinished gun. I don't think that hurts the value of guns that aren't collectible but it will depend on what the buyers wants it for, and his preferences.