Match Champion

Help Support Ruger Forum:

deac45

Single-Sixer
I've only seen a couple write ups but they were very favorable. The only negative I've seen was the chamber mouths aren't chamfered for smoother reloads.
I would really like to see this concept upscaled to 44 Mag and 45 Colt! That is to say, mate a Redhawk to the GP/Super style grip frame and action.

Deac45

Clarkston_cz

Single-Sixer
I handled one at Sportsman's last night.

Very impressed with it, but not enough to pay $799 plus tax.

I'll look for a used one if I decide to go Ruger .357 again.

It did seem to have better balance than my old Wiley SS.

JustsayMo

Single-Sixer
So far I'm liking mine.

1-011_zps38592372.jpg

Still in the testing phase. It's looking like Ruger has another winner.

Boomer

Single-Sixer
I like mine a lot, purchased early this year at the LGS. I negotiated price w/ shop owner based on prior business there and carried it home same day. Been to the club outdoor range a few times and it shoots well - at least for me. Sure like that bright fiber optic! Unsure about the "Match Champion" moniker. Maybe "Field Champion" would have been more fitting? What do folks use hefty revolvers for anyway? Certainly not conceal carry me-thinks. In my case, its intended for occasional OWB field carry in a Bianchi military-style flap holster (camo color scheme, if you please)...

Bob R

Single-Sixer
My shooting buddy Steve just got one. He has shot one ICORE Match with it so far. He likes it. I think my brother is going to get one next. I have a Power Custom 686-5 for my SSR/Classic Match Revolver, so I will probably just shoot someone elses for informed comments.

Bob R

357Nut

Bearcat
I've seen several of them go for right around $650 on Gunbroker with $15 shipping. I would get one if it had adjustable sights, not much use for a gun with non-adjustable sites in my world. I would also rather have the standard GP-100 front site that is easy to swap out.

I'm not sure why Ruger does't produce a light barreled 4", they did the 6" in a light barrel for quite a few years. I seems it would have made more sense in a 4" version.

Latest posts