Lipseys 45 Flat Top Serial #s

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Firsttimegrampa

Single-Sixer
Has anybody gptten their's yet ? I was wondering what serial number range they would be in so I can figure out where mine fits in at..I will pick mine up tomorrow or Saturday, which ever comes first...

americal

Hunter
flatgate said:
Lipsey's employee "extraordinaire", Jason C. is now a Ruger Forum member.

flatgate
GREAT--this is good news :) lotta folks on the Ruger Forum & the great thing :arrow: we try to help each other with any situation 8)

contender

Ruger Guru
Jason is one of the good guys. I've had the pleasure of meeting him a few times at SHOT, and he has helped me with a few things.
(I knew he was around here, as are a few other folks who choose to not reveal their profession!)

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Jason is indeed a good guy. Have corresponded with him a few times - always a gentleman. I know though, I'd not have my identity "out there" were I in any posisition within the industry. Just think of the crazy and sometimes just useless e-mails that will ensue. You know the ones from folks questioning the "why" and "how come" of their whimsical ideas.

Jason at Lipsey's

Single-Sixer
Only a handful of guns have "made it out". If you get one in the next couple of days you will indeed have one of the first out there. I appreciate all the kind words. I know some are leary of participating on forums and such, but my goal is to answer questions people might have on our special make-ups and Ruger in general. Eventhough as a distributor we deal with FFL dealers only, we realize that you guys are the ones driving the demand and sales of these special runs and anything we can do to facilitate you is a worthy endeavor. I'm out of pocket regularly so if I don't respond to something, I'm not ignoring you, just might not be able to check in. I'll do my best and appreciate you guys having me aboard.

chris_

Blackhawk
Jason at Lipsey's said:
Only a handful of guns have "made it out". If you get one in the next couple of days you will indeed have one of the first out there. I appreciate all the kind words. I know some are leary of participating on forums and such, but my goal is to answer questions people might have on our special make-ups and Ruger in general. Eventhough as a distributor we deal with FFL dealers only, we realize that you guys are the ones driving the demand and sales of these special runs and anything we can do to facilitate you is a worthy endeavor. I'm out of pocket regularly so if I don't respond to something, I'm not ignoring you, just might not be able to check in. I'll do my best and appreciate you guys having me aboard.
Jason, I meant to call you this week. I am a dealer but all these show as Allocated. How can I get a blued one?

RaisinRiverRon

Single-Sixer
I'll second that on the 4 5/8" bbl. That would make a great gun perfect. I have a pair of .357 FT's and a Lipsey's .44 special, all in 4 5/8". If it comes out with the shorter bbl, I see a pair of blued FT's in my future. The Eagle Gunfighter grips are a nice addition, are they Ultra Ivory or plastic, I could not tell from the pics.

chet15

Hawkeye
Just remember everybody, Jason is not the only one at Lipsey's as there are a lot of sales reps there also. Wouldn't want to overburden him with a ton of collector questions (I think I do enough of that myself!).
To my knowledge, the .45 Blackhawk is only being offered in a blue 5-1/2" at this time but a stainless version will probably be following that up shortly.
Chet15

ewayte

Bearcat
Firsttimegrampa said:
Has anybody gptten their's yet ? I was wondering what serial number range they would be in so I can figure out where mine fits in at..I will pick mine up tomorrow or Saturday, which ever comes first...

520-26229, fired cartridge date is 5/25/2011. Picked it up Monday night.