Lipsey’s Blue Single Seven

Help Support Ruger Forum:

32magfan

Blackhawk
I was perusing the Gun Owner's Club classified ads last night and saw what looked like a blue finish Single Seven :shock: . I had not heard these were being made.

I did an internet search and there it was on Ruger's website, a new Distributor Exclusive from Lipsey's! I am glad they are making them in blued steel now.

Looks like I need to start saving up for another purchase. :mrgreen:

32Magfan

onehandgunner

Single-Sixer
I think it has been out for about a month. A few people have called it the LITE WEIGHT, it has a aluminum grip frame from what has been posted on another forum. It also has a white dot on the front sight. I have a S-7 with the 4.6" bbl in stainless but would like a BLUE 5.5" with aluminum grip frame.

Hondo44

Hawkeye
Yep, they're available but not likely more than 2000 made, so if you're considering it don't wait too long.

It's not a lightweight which has an alum alloy main frame. It just has the alloy grip frame as onehandgunner posted. But that's the same difference between any small frame blue gun and the stainless version.

mrbumps

Blackhawk
I picked one up a couple weeks ago. Very nice. The grips seem much thicker to me, but feels good in hand. It does have the XS front sight, with a "V" rear blade. I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet.

32magfan

Blackhawk
Glassman,

I have missed out on blued Single Sevens thus far. I do have all three of the original stainless models and I found a Birdshead this year.

I seem to remember a couple of folks on this forum claiming the 327 was "dead" a few years ago. :roll: I am glad they were wrong. :mrgreen:

32Magfan

Rclark

Hunter
Tempting... As for the .327, well, all I shoot in mine is .32 H&R Mag :) . My Single-Seven hasn't ever seen a .327 cartridge.

Hondo44

Hawkeye
Yeah those 9 1/2" models are slow sellers.

Your best chance to get one before you go to the big range in the sky is probably to get a 32 H&R mag w/9 1/2" and swap barrels with a blue 327 gun. Both barrels will need fitting because the 32 H&R cyl is shorter than the 327.