Lightweight .22 rifle recommendations.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Thought I would toss this out for comments.....

I really enjoy target shooting with my .22's and have plenty to choose from my Winchester model 52 on down. However, I have started carrying my rifles into the woods more just to shoot and all of my target rifles are a bit to heavy to carry and shoot off-hand. They are wonderful on the bench but are like a telephone pole after a longer walk (I ain't as young as I used to be, ha).

I know this forum is dedicated to the Ruger line and that the model 10/22 will pop up but just wanted to hear some recommendations from the group of a good, lightweight, accurate .22 for carrying through the woods whether it be Ruger or not.

Thanks

BULL'S-EYE

Blackhawk
As an incurable 22-aholic, I pretty much love them all. But, if light weight is specifically what you're after, the Winchester Wildcat comes in at a scant 4 pounds. I bought one when they first came out and last year picked up a wood stock Sporter SR version at 4 ounces more, both are great shooter's. 👍

A picture is worth a thousand words
3481c055-a7a2-4c23-9a34-5f0294012c6170351601.png

Mauser9

Blackhawk
Yeah always liked a handy lighter weight rifle in a rimfire. The shorter 18-20 inch barrels are ideal. Only one I miss is the Marlin 783 with nice walnut but it was stolen way back. Spent the $20 for the standard stock module on my Ruger for better L.O.P. Often find myself thinking of that Marlin 1894M when it comes to levers though. Good money if ya can find one.

Update......
I went to a large pawn shop today and found a few that were of interest but I ended up getting an old classic. The Remington model 512P Sportsmaster. This particular one was made in 1946 and while not considered a target gun, was/is known for it's accuracy. They made these from 1940 through 1962 and are bolt action and tube fed. Here's a photo:
Remington 512P.jpg

I may continue my search and pick up something else as well. Thanks for all of the input.

Latest posts