Let's see some bikes.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Jeff Quinn said:
Cool bike, Protoolman.
Ride it over to Sturgis. You will be welcome there. All kinds of bikes in Sturgis.The only people who might laugh at your bike would be the posers who drag their bikes to Sturgis on trailers. Real bikers respect whatever you want to ride.

Jeff

What he said!

cruzerlou

Buckeye
Here's the only bike I currently own a 1999 Yamaha Royle Star Venture .I'm on the lookout for a used 450 or better enduro that I can get on the cheap just for running around the county and the occasional trail ride .Lou
bikeforsalepics010.jpg

GoFullAuto

Bearcat
So here's my street all-around trundler, Suzuki Bandit 1250 in "Traveller" rig. A good excuse to show off some nice Italian landscape in the background :D
Foto0528-1.jpg

Foto0530.jpg

Right side with dandy Arrow end can, for improved safety of course (loud pipes...) :D
Banditside.jpg

And another glance to some fine dusk scenery, somewhere north of too-crowded Milan, Italy.
Banditclose.jpg

By
GfA

GoFullAuto

Bearcat
HIVO said:
I ride a Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird. At my age I really should slow down a bit...

Wonderful beast!! I had given it more than a thought, but alas the ownership tax here would kill me :( anyway you did keep it in great shape!! :D

By
G

JWhitmore44

Blackhawk
GoFullAuto said:
Skalkaho Slim said:
Nothin' fancy, but they get us where we want to go. This is in the Desert Mtn area near Glacier Park.

That would be lovely. What vast free lands you enjoy, in that big country of yours :)

By
G

Vast indeed

P7280018.jpg

2012-04-22_18-31-28_65.jpg

Nice looking DR's Slim.

Skalkaho Slim

Blackhawk
GoFullAuto said:
Skalkaho Slim said:
Nothin' fancy, but they get us where we want to go. This is in the Desert Mtn area near Glacier Park.

That would be lovely. What vast free lands you enjoy, in that big country of yours :)

By
G
Yeah, but what wonderful history and food you enjoy in yours! Spent some time in Italy and absolutely loved it!

GoFullAuto

Bearcat
JWhitmore44 said:
GoFullAuto said:
Skalkaho Slim said:

By
G

Vast indeed

Nice looking DR's Slim.

Well it makes a lot of sense to ride dual-purpose steeds over there. By the way, I dunno the reason, that kind of bikes is generally referred to as "Enduro" here in Italy. From the American - Spanish feel this word gives me, I assume it derives from long range dirt races such as those in Baja California and similar. Even the large capacity fuel tanks have an obvious origin from vast places with far-stretched gas stations.

Lovely thread this is! :D

By
G

GoFullAuto

Bearcat
Skalkaho Slim said:
Yeah, but what wonderful history and food you enjoy in yours! Spent some time in Italy and absolutely loved it!

Well yes, Italy is a dazzling combination of positives and negatives (got too much of the latter recently, but who knows, I afford myself some hope in our current emergency government :wink: ). When I'm able to roam around countryside or Tuscany or such places, I feel good again towards our little crowded boot :)

But the powerful vastness of America I hope to see again, maybe in a few months. I'll try to take a good look at the deserts / canyons / buttes area south west, I can't think living a life without seeing those. Not on a bike, I'm too afraid of cops & radars & limits! :shock:

By
G

32shooter

Blackhawk
Here is mine- a 2005 Yamaha XT225. Fun little bike and it beats the old Dodge truck in gas mileage at 70mpg.
100_1415.jpg

Sturgis270

Single-Sixer
Don't have pics but my ride is a 97 H.D. Classic blue/silver purchased used in 98. Did an over night ride w/friends this past weekend and she turned over 71k.