Let's see some bikes.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

cagedodger

Bearcat
I know there's a pretty big crossover between bike guys and gun guys.

And people like to show off their bikes as much as they like to show off their guns.

So, let's see what some of you Ruger Forum members are riding.

Here's my 2005 FLHTPI, formerly of the San Angelo, Texas PD.

2005FLHTPIatFtChadbourne.jpg

Cage

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Decided to get back on two wheels a few years ago. No desire for the typical cruiser or crotch rocket. Love the Brit style and with my affection of the Bisley (Bisley England, Britian...hmmmm, coincidence?) Decided to combine the two.

IMG_1407.jpg

opos

Buckeye

Ok....so I'm old and haven't ridden for quite a while...this thumbnail (can click to enlarge) was taken about 1954...about the time of the movie "The Wild One" with Marlon Brando...do the clothes look familiar? Wish I had the little bike today...it'd be worth lots more than back then.

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Nice one opos. 8) As for "Wish I had the little bike today...it'd be worth lots more than back then."... the memories should be worth more than what $ the bike would be valued at. :)

opos

Buckeye
BlkHawk73 said:
Nice one opos. 8) As for "Wish I had the little bike today...it'd be worth lots more than back then."... the memories should be worth more than what $ the bike would be valued at. :)

And the cuts and bruises...I wasn't cut out to be Marlon Brando...managed to hit a parked car and my biker days were pretty much over....do have good memories...just short.

rkrcpa

Single-Sixer
Been riding a Shovel for the last 30+ years
Paint4Medium.jpg

But recently added a 2007 ElectraGlide Standard, what a difference.
DSCN1946_edited-1Medium.jpg

But it all started 44 years ago on one of these.
1969HondaZ50Craigslist004.jpg

Chief_10Beers

Blackhawk
BlkHawk73 said:
Decided to get back on two wheels a few years ago. No desire for the typical cruiser or crotch rocket. Love the Brit style and with my affection of the Bisley (Bisley England, Britian...hmmmm, coincidence?) Decided to combine the two.

IMG_1407.jpg

All's you need a Checkerd Bucket, Spitfire goggles, clip ons, instant Hooligan cafe racer :D .............................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvWBXHRIauA&feature=related

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Chief_10Beers said:
All's you need a Checkerd Bucket, Spitfire goggles, clip ons, instant Hooligan cafe racer :D .............................

Yup, love the style but much more of an easy riding style for me. Speed does nothing for me. I like to see what I'm riding past. Have looked at the period style helmets & goggles but like the protection of a full helmet.

Jeff Quinn

Single-Sixer
BlkHawk73 said:
Chief_10Beers said:

Yup, love the style but much more of an easy riding style for me. Speed does nothing for me. I like to see what I'm riding past. Have looked at the period style helmets & goggles but like the protection of a full helmet.

I despise helmets, and wear a really small one when required by law, but ride without a helmet whenever I can.

jeff

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Jeff Quinn said:
I despise helmets, and wear a really small one when required by law, but ride without a helmet whenever I can.

jeff

Have had friends that died due to head injuries, have seen the aftermath and what it does to the families & friends. Have gone down in my younger years on dirt and snow and cracked the helmet not my skull (Good helmets not cheap ones). Love my wife and child and being around for them is FAR more important than an image or wind in my hair. Personal choice either way.

Jeff Quinn

Single-Sixer
BlkHawk73 said:
Jeff Quinn said:

jeff

Have had friends that died due to head injuries, have seen the aftermath and what it does to the families & friends. Have gone down in my younger years on dirt and snow and cracked the helmet not my skull (Good helmets not cheap ones). Love my wife and child and being around for them is FAR more important than an image or wind in my hair. Personal choice either way.

Has nothing to do with image. I just do not like the way it feels. However, if in a crash, a helmet is usually better than not having a helmet. For me, it is tiring wearing one when riding all day. I will die exactly on the day that God wants me to, even if I am under my bed crying like a baby.

Jeff

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Jeff Quinn said:
For me, it is tiring wearing one when riding all day. I will die exactly on the day that God wants me to, even if I am under my bed crying like a baby.

Jeff

Can certainly understand that tiring part. Picturing you under your bed weeping... THAT is an image. :lol: Gotta believe you have some beautiful country to ride through out there. 8)

protoolman

Service-Sixer
Here is mine a 2004 Kawasaki Super Sherpa. Its street legal so I ride it to work. It gets something like 75 mpg so I dont fill it up more than once every 3 weeks or so. Also goes well with my teenage sons XT250 Yamaha so we can do some trail riding in the Black Hills.We even thought of taking them to Sturgis since we are only a couple hours away. Just as a joke you understand.
kawasaki-super-sherp_800x0w1.jpg

Slyk Willy

Single-Sixer
Here's mine, Y2K Valkyrie Interstate.
Valk.jpg

My restoration project, '67 Super Hawk.
IMG_1270.jpg

And my first project bike, '65 Dream
Dream.jpg

Jeff Quinn

Single-Sixer
protoolman said:
Here is mine a 2004 Kawasaki Super Sherpa. Its street legal so I ride it to work. It gets something like 75 mpg so I dont fill it up more than once every 3 weeks or so. Also goes well with my teenage sons XT250 Yamaha so we can do some trail riding in the Black Hills.We even thought of taking them to Sturgis since we are only a couple hours away. Just as a joke you understand.[/quote]

Cool bike, Protoolman.
Ride it over to Sturgis. You will be welcome there. All kinds of bikes in Sturgis. I have been going there for 20 years. The only people who might laugh at your bike would be the posers who drag their bikes to Sturgis on trailers. Real bikers respect whatever you want to ride.

Jeff