LCR Rear sight

Help Support Ruger Forum:

LCR38SP2012

Bearcat
My rear sight channel on my LCR 38 Sp doesn't look symmetrical. Looking down at the gun the left and right sides of the channel are not even. I don't think it affects the shooting but it looks bad. I contacted Ruger Customer Service, emailed them a picture and they advised me to return my LCR to them. They sent me a new gun ( to my FFL Dealer) and it looks the same. Any of you other LCR owners notice this on your gun?
LCR.jpg

ASRuger

Single-Sixer
My LCR 38 and LCR22 are like that. They shoot on. Since everyone's is like that it must be by design.

ASRuger

Single-Sixer
I thought you meant the little metal tabs at the beginning of the sight channel - mine are like yours. The one on the bottom of your pic is narrower than the one on the right. However, my sight channel is symmetrical, unlike yours. I don't see how it would affect function though.

jsu

Bearcat
Mine is symetrical also, looks like the rounded groove was off a little when they ground the rear sight notch.

DocGlock

Bearcat
My .38 and .357 LCRs are perfectly symmetrical, but my .22 LCR looks like your picture. I'm not going to worry about it any.