LC9?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

lovemydals

Buckeye
While attending the Reno gun show today, I encounted a fellow walking around with a boxed LC9 & inquired about it since they are not yet available in CA. He was less then impressed with it & spoke unfavorably about the trigger pull (just awfull & referred to the LC9 as a pile of dog poop). He would not show it to me. After searching the gun show for one to inspect & coming up empty, I went to Cabella's & found one. I found the trigger pull to be just fine. Opinions?

lmd

Lateck

Single-Sixer
I have one and the pull is VERY LONG, it will take some getting use to.
I did find the the reset is very short (shot to shot) so that's OK.

Lateck,

clancey1849

Bearcat
I thought it was very good for a double action pull. Mine is about 5 pounds and very smooth.

OpsMgr

Bearcat
Picked mine up today at a gun show and plan a range trip for tomorrow. I have dry fired it a couple of times and as posted above the pull is very long. IMO, the pull is reasonably smooth and light for a DAO....

buckshotshorty

Single-Sixer
I have 320 rounds through mine, and although the trigger was a little gritty at first, it has really smoothed out. Once you learn how to stage the trigger (determine just the point of breaking) you can really get some good accuracy.

Strange

Bearcat
Picked up mine yesterday at a gun show with a out the door price of $390. Cleaned it, then tried to dry fire it and nothing happened. Hammer went back but didn't break. Broke it down again and tried to fire with slide off weapon. Hammer went forward without any problem. Reassembled weapon and dry fired with out a problem. I can only guess that something wasn't lined up properly. Took a quick trip to the range and fired 25rds with no failures of any kind. Don't know what was keeping weapon from dry firing but any suggestions would be helpful in case it happens again.

Loco Weed

Bearcat
Strange said:
Picked up mine yesterday at a gun show with a out the door price of $390. Cleaned it, then tried to dry fire it and nothing happened. Hammer went back but didn't break. Broke it down again and tried to fire with slide off weapon. Hammer went forward without any problem. Reassembled weapon and dry fired with out a problem. I can only guess that something wasn't lined up properly. Took a quick trip to the range and fired 25rds with no failures of any kind. Don't know what was keeping weapon from dry firing but any suggestions would be helpful in case it happens again.

Did you have the magazine in the gun? It won't fire unless the mag is in place.

Sonnytoo

Blackhawk
buckshotshorty said:
Once you learn how to stage the trigger (determine just the point of breaking) you can really get some good accuracy.

I shot my buddy's gun yesterday. The trigger was just too darned long. WHY did Ruger do that? I had a SR9c that had a decent trigger.
The LC9 is light and small, which is what people want for pocket carry, and it seemed to be very reliable. Everything I've read on the Webs says the gun is 100% reliable. It may be.
I did tell my buddy..."Well, you'll never pull that trigger unless you really want to."
But I do not wish to do that trigger.
Bottom line: For its intended purpose, it may be an excellent buy.
S2

mlk18

Bearcat
I bought two LC9's this week, just arrived yesterday. Both came out of the box with good triggers (and nice tight sights BTW). The triggers are long but not unreasonably so at all. Both were smooth with a clean break. I am very pleased with my LC9's and I am sure you will be too.

fxrshog

Bearcat
lovemydals said:
While attending the Reno gun show today, I encounted a fellow walking around with a boxed LC9 & inquired about it since they are not yet available in CA. He was less then impressed with it & spoke unfavorably about the trigger pull (just awfull & referred to the LC9 as a pile of dog poop). He would not show it to me. After searching the gun show for one to inspect & coming up empty, I went to Cabella's & found one. I found the trigger pull to be just fine. Opinions?

lmd

That is pure BS!!!! I have the LC9 that I purchased from Tin Star Shooting Range off Gun Broker and so far it has eaten every round I've shoved through it.
The trigger pull is just enough for me and it hasn't bothered my little bitty trigger finger, one little bit. :lol:

BulkAmmo

Bearcat
I have to be honest that I'm holding off on picking up an LC9 until there is a way to make the trigger a bit better. The build quality is great and perfectly concealable, but after shooting a range rental. I noticed that the long trigger pull was just a bit too long for my wife to be accurate with it.

I have enough carry pistols now and so I know my wife will end up confiscating it before long.

lovemydals

Buckeye
My new LC9 arrived at my FFL today. From what I see, it's really going to be a nice addition to my list of CCW choices. Can't wait to shoot it.

lmd

Boge

Single-Sixer
When I accepted the trigger for what it is and not a Camp Perry match type I realized it's a great pocket gun/backup gun. It's very easy to try & "horse" the long trigger pull and throw shots left. You have to be smooth. I will admit that if it had the trigger pull of my LCR it would be perfect!! :lol: :wink:

welder

Buckeye
Picked up an LC9 today. Dry fired with snap caps only, but quite adequate in my book for it's intended purpose. Actually I was expecting something terrible after reading some reviews and posts.

Guns078.jpg

Terry T

Buckeye
Lovemydals,
Home last night! :D
Long drive to Harrisburg, Pa. and back! Good show with great displays.
Terry T