Lanyard Ring on Redhawk?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

woodsy

Blackhawk
Rclark:
A lanyard ring can be used as an attachment point for a lanyard. The other end/loop of the lanyard can be attached to a belt, etc., or a loop passed around one's neck. If dropped, then the object (firearm in this case) can be easily retrieved. As an example, some (like me) wish to carry while boating and want to prevent permanent loss into deep water. Or prevent loss off a steep hiking trail drop-off.
One warning to heed: either use a lanyard (cord) which has a breaking strength less than one's weight (or thereabouts) or always carry a knife at the ready. We wouldn't want to be dragged under by a fouled lanyard, in which case the gun is worth less than a life.

woodsy

Blackhawk
Rclark:
A lanyard ring can be used as an attachment point for a lanyard. The other end/loop of the lanyard can be attached to a belt, etc., or a loop passed around one's neck. If dropped, then the object (firearm in this case) can be easily retrieved. As an example, some (like me) wish to carry while boating and want to prevent permanent loss into deep water. Or prevent loss off a steep hiking trail drop-off.
One warning to heed: either use a lanyard (cord) which has a breaking strength less than one's weight (or thereabouts) or always carry a knife at the ready. We wouldn't want to be dragged under by a fouled lanyard, in which case the gun is worth less than a life.

Hondo44

Hawkeye
gramps said:
I like it, so I checked out my 4 inch Redhawk with hogue bantam grips. It looks different. The grips don't cover the metal, there is no hole to screw into and the serial number is there. Rats. :cry:
gramps

gramps,
All is not lost. You don't have to have Hogue grips to use the Hogue Screw Ring.
orig.jpg

Order the Hogue grip stirrup too. With extended wood or rubber grips, you can mount the screw ring similar to this but with a round hole in the bottom of the grips:
orig.jpg

4521dln

Single-Sixer
Thanks for the suggestion of the lanyard rings. In Missouri as of this year you can use both , a rifle and pistol (at the same time) for hunting deer. I have bought both a Redhawk and Super RedHawk in 44mag for this fall deer season. I also installed lanyard rings on both per suggestions of this post. Need help know selecting the lanyard intself! I have no idea what to look for, type of material, length, best manufacture etc.