KGPFNY-841, Then and Now

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Bought a KGPFNY-841 for a pretty good price. Read the description in the Reference of Ruger Firearms and mine didn't quite match up. Mine was highly polished instead of being a matte finish. I emailed Ruger asking if any of the -841's were polished at the factory. They replied that they would like me to send it to them to check it out. I asked that if it was the wrong finish would they make it like it was supposed to coming out of the factory (I was willing to pay for this work). I got it back 10 days after I sent it and they made it the matte finish and said they also replaced the hammer dog. NO CHARGE.

Here are the pics:
BEFORE
006-9.jpg

005-9.jpg

004-11.jpg

003-10.jpg

AFTER

028-5.jpg

027-6.jpg

023-6.jpg

41manor44

Single-Sixer
Chalk one more up for Ruger service. Looks great. Only thing you need is some new inserts to replace the plastic jobs other wise very nice.

Ty, I would hope that Ruger was giving me the straight scoop. I don't think it came with high polish, the polish job was good, but not what would have come out of the factory.

41manor44 - the plastic inserts is how it came from Ruger originally. However, I do have rosewood inserts that I will probably put in, it will make it look nicer.

picturerock

Bearcat
The fact that Ruger did all this for free shows that the spirit of Bill Ruger lives there still. What a quality company, with a truly American commitment to go above and beyond for their customers.