Just ordered the model 5109 Ruger vaquero 357mag/38 revolver

Help Support Ruger Forum:

BigAl

Bearcat
I've got a couple of big bore revolvers but really liked this one in polished stainless steel. Thought about the 45 LC but decided against it. I reload but not for the LC but I do for the 357 mag and 38. Have the same cal in a couple of other guns including the Henry big boy golden boy lever action. Looking forward to getting it in next week.
Not sure the rules but I'll post a vid.
Here's a pic of it I got off the web

Attachments

• Ruger vaquero.jpg
    Ruger vaquero.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 46

BigAl

Bearcat
Welcome from Wyoming! That's a great handgun you've got there!
:)
I had a friend that lived all his life, after High School, in Wyoming. I visited him a few times and he would come visit me with his boys. They loved wild hog hunting.
Wyoming is beautiful and it's where real people live. Real/good/and hard working. My buddy (Kenneth) and I were both raised by our mothers after our dads passed when we were young. We had lots in common particularly hunting and fishing. I worked in a fire look out tower in the 70's in Yellowstone in the summer for school. Never could get on with Kenny on a bridge crew. Went up one winter and decided no more winters in Wyoming for me. WOW.
Anyway, come on down to my neck of the woods (Southeast Oklahoma. Not far from the Red River and Tex.

BigAl

Bearcat
Thanks for the welcome. I have several Ruger's including the 6.5 precision creedmoor, a couple of Mark's, 10/22 breakdowns, SR22 (wife's), and others. Love them all. Really wanted this cowboy gun for some time. Now I can't wait to get it in. Have a super nice cowboy rig to go with it.

BigAl

Bearcat
You will really like it.
My .357 is a sweet shooter.
View attachment 46820
That's a beauty. I have a great cowboy rig I've had for sometime. I've had a Heritage Rough Rider 357 mag/38 big bore in it for a few years. It was a great gun but I wanted the Ruger SS. Looking forward to shooting it. I'm not sure it's allowed, but I'd like to do a video and upload it here when I get it. Maybe do one with several of my Ruger's as well including my Ruger Precision 6.5 Creedmoor and SR as well as a couple others.
Post a few more pics please. love that grip. I'll probably get a custom carved one

BigAl

Bearcat
You are allowed to post video's. Just a word of advice,, the shorter they are,, the better folks like them. 20-30 minute videos & such seem to lose many folks.
I think the longest video I've done was a couple of minutes only. Can you show shooting targets or steel? Or show modifications to triggers and such?

Latest posts