Just got my Ruger (New) Vaquero 357 mag/38 sp in polished SS.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

BigAl

Bearcat
I love this gun. Picked it up today and had to go shoot it. 13 yds and hit 6 shots within 4 or 5 moa. I'll get it down as it's fixed sights. I've been wanting one for some time and I have a hand made cowboy rig to carry it in. I'm from Oklahoma so we have constitutional carry and I also have my concealed carry. This is going to look very cool wearing and I can't wait till a couple of my buddies give me heck about carrying it in a full cowboy rig. Truth is, they're jealous. Ha.
Ruger....2.jpg

Rclark

Hunter
Nice! But, how did it get out of the factory without the proper finish on it (case colored or blued)???? ;) HA! You'll enjoy it. I know I do my New and original Vaqueros (mine are all .45 Colt).

Here is my simply rugged rig. In this picture it is carrying a Model P, but could slip in a New Vaquero as well. Works for me.

Attachments

• simplyRuggedHolsterAndBelt20220222_800.jpg
    simplyRuggedHolsterAndBelt20220222_800.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 22

BigAl

Bearcat
Nice! But, how did it get out of the factory without the proper finish on it (case colored or blued)???? ;) HA! You'll enjoy it. I know I do my New and original Vaqueros (mine are all .45 Colt).

Here is my simply rugged rig. In this picture it is carrying a Model P, but could slip in a New Vaquero as well. Works for me.
I thought about the 45LC but I don't have any of the molds...etc. for the LC and the factory rounds are expensive. Because I was reloading for the 357mag and 38 as well has having the 357/38 big boy golden boy Henry and other 38 pistols., made sense for me.
Earlier and I would have done the 47LC just because I think it's a great round.

ex13F

Bearcat
I love this gun. Picked it up today and had to go shoot it. 13 yds and hit 6 shots within 4 or 5 moa. I'll get it down as it's fixed sights. I've been wanting one for some time and I have a hand made cowboy rig to carry it in. I'm from Oklahoma so we have constitutional carry and I also have my concealed carry. This is going to look very cool wearing and I can't wait till a couple of my buddies give me heck about carrying it in a full cowboy rig. Truth is, they're jealous. Ha.
View attachment 47344
I know you'll love that revolver. I've had mine (original Vaquero .45LC) for almost 30 years and it's with me right now as I'm traveling. I'm in Ponca City tonite. Enjoy!

BearBiologist

Hunter
My wife's for SASS shooting with elkhorn stags from Grashorn (aka Executioner):

I asked for matching bark! He did the same with my Pythons. I also have the same(no pics) on my 45 Colt Vaquero. Those shiny stainless sure need some stags or maybe dark buffalo. Definitely something natural!