John Wayne taking pot shots at cyclists--sick :)

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Cholo

Staff member
I know my humor is twisted, but don't shoot the messenger. It's John Wayne doing it, not me... :mrgreen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnPUe80oBZw&feature=player_embedded

Rick Courtright

Hawkeye
Hi,

Add me to the sick puppy club, too, but as a cyclist myself, if I've gotta go down, I'd much rather be shot by the Duke than splattered by some blonde bimbo soccer mom in a big SUV jabbering on her cell phone while she's hollering at the brats in the back (a far more likely scenario around here!) :oops:

Rick C

trebor44

Single-Sixer
Idaho, East of Boisemento, or is it Boisangelos
Rick Courtright said:
Hi,

Add me to the sick puppy club, too, but as a cyclist myself, if I've gotta go down, I'd much rather be shot by the Duke than splattered by some blonde bimbo soccer mom in a big SUV jabbering on her cell phone while she's hollering at the brats in the back (a far more likely scenario around here!) :oops:

Rick C
My sentiments exactly! I really thought the video was a hoot! Great Production!

Cooperhawk

Buckeye
We have a liberal community south of us with hundreds of bikers who use our two lane highway as a bike trail. They ride two and three abreast on the paved shoulder making us uneasy passing them with oncoming traffic. :shock:

Can I use John Wayne's tactic with them? :D

No, the Sheriff frowns on that I guess. :roll:

But there are days I'd like to. :D

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
On Sunday morning we dress up in our Sunday best and go to God's House. The bikers dress up in funny outfits and do their best to hinder us.

Have to remind myself they're God's children, too.

Bob Wright

Rick Courtright

Hawkeye
Bob Wright said:
On Sunday morning we dress up in our Sunday best and go to God's House. The bikers dress up in funny outfits and do their best to hinder us.

Hi,

Bob, ya don't suppose they're trying to point you where God's REAL house is, do you? It's always seemed odd to me that the Creator of the universe has to live in a little building put together by some of His less perfect creations, where most of the time He only gets visitors once a week! ;)

Rick C

Bear Paw Jack

Hawkeye
Who ever put that together had a great sense of humor... Liberals like to narrow the lanes and add a bicycle lane. They call it traffic calming, I call it making the bikers an easy target. :) :)

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
Rick Courtright said:
Bob Wright said:

Hi,

Bob, ya don't suppose they're trying to point you where God's REAL house is, do you? It's always seemed odd to me that the Creator of the universe has to live in a little building put together by some of His less perfect creations, where most of the time He only gets visitors once a week! ;)

Rick C

Jesus said My Father's House shall be a house of prayer. And advised us to "assemble ourselves together" and "bring your tithes into the storehouse" and to "study to show ourselves worthy" and "edify one another." We meet there not once but several times each week, to do these things and hear the Word of God read and preached. Difficult to do on one of those little bicycle seats, much better in the pews.

And, "Where two or three are gathered together in My Name..........."

And God doesn't live "in a little house," but rather in the folks who attend.

Bob Wright

Cholo

Staff member
Fox Mike said:
There is now a law in Maryland that I have to give cyclists 3 ft clearance when passing them. We need the Duke's method of clearance.
Toss an old broom handle thru their front spokes. I did it to a friend when we were kids. Hey, I warned him! It was instant a-hole over appetite :mrgreen:

Pat-inCO

Hawkeye
Fox Mike said:
There is now a law in Maryland that I have to give cyclists 3 ft clearance when passing them.
We are stuck with that also.
I always figured that if anything went wrong, I'd just ask if I was supposed to
hit the oncoming car (there or not) to give someone that paid ZERO taxes
for the creation and maintenance of that road (gas taxes) extra space.

ChiefMuzz

Blackhawk
Rick Courtright said:
Hi,

Rick C

I took a hiatus from road bikes when I lived in Morgantown. That blonde bimbo soccer mom has nothing on the coal and dump trucks that roam the roads and like to show you just how much of the road they actually "own". I've never seen aggression behind the wheel quite like them folks. I picked up a mountain Bike and got my fix on the trails until I moved.

ChiefMuzz

Blackhawk
Cholo - not even close. They would literally run you off the road. It was well known on the cycling community that you put your life in the line if you road anywhere outside of the city limits.
As to the video, I question anyone that finds that much joy in making other people miserable. There is a word for that...evil.