JIF recall

Help Support Ruger Forum:

volshooter

Buckeye
Done a search and didn't see anything so I'll post.
Please respond and direct me if I missed it.
Most of us know about the recall. Going through my hording stash I found 9 jars on the list.
Yes, I buy stuff on sale for stock. SHTF stuff.
It's a shame we are so dependent on so few producers. JIF's parent company issued a recall and a web site to compensate. I sent all the required and not required information to get some compensation for my stash.
We are way too dependent on only major Manufactuing corporations providing food. Every other week there is another recall on something.
Last night I enjoyed bacon wrapped deer loin on the grill. Other than the bacon I harvested, butchered and processed the rest.
I just don't trust big companies to process my rations.
Did anyone else loose peanut butter in thier stash?

Interesting, I prefer a peanut butter/honey blend. None to be found on the shelves, but alas, Amazon has it, a JIF product. A month ago, Amazon contacted me to tell me to throw it away.:confused:

I don't stash it, but basically inhale it. Had 3 40 ounce and a couple of those little single packs. Been eating on the 40 ounce jars for the last few weeks.....haven't died from them .....yet.

Mobuck

Hawkeye
If you're thin and want to regain weight, peanut butter is your friend.
If you're in the opposite situation, NOT your friend.
We usually end up with a couple of middle sized jars per month from the local geezer supplemental food program.

pyth0n

Blackhawk
Done a search and didn't see anything so I'll post.
Please respond and direct me if I missed it.
Most of us know about the recall. Going through my hording stash I found 9 jars on the list.
Yes, I buy stuff on sale for stock. SHTF stuff.
It's a shame we are so dependent on so few producers. JIF's parent company issued a recall and a web site to compensate. I sent all the required and not required information to get some compensation for my stash.
We are way too dependent on only major Manufactuing corporations providing food. Every other week there is another recall on something.
Last night I enjoyed bacon wrapped deer loin on the grill. Other than the bacon I harvested, butchered and processed the rest.
I just don't trust big companies to process my rations.
Did anyone else loose peanut butter in thier stash?
Thanks.

Muley Gil

Blackhawk
I took a full jar back to Wal-Mart & received a refund.

I eat the chunky stuff and there was NONE on the shelf today, of ANY brand. :(

Pat-inCO

Hawkeye
The 40oz. size I have was purchased about last Summer.
My bet is that I am less than likely to have a problem.
I use it on toast, and an occasional PBJandC (Peanut butter and jelly AND cheese).

A 40oz. size that lasts almost a year, tells you how much I consume.
Really like it, but not as a regular food supplement.

314Chevy

Single-Sixer
We brought back 2 jars to CostCo (they refunded with no issue). I ate a quarter of one of the jars, thankfully with no ill effect.

My dogs love Peanut Butter, they get some just about every morning. I love it also but don’t eat very much of it.

I didn’t hear about the JIF recall. Funny, on a regular basis, the stores around here have Skippy and Peter Pan, but no JIF. Hardly ever see the JIF brand.

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
Nothing is perfect but we have the best consumer products in this country and if something isn't right the (authorities, FDA, whatever) make the manufacturers fix the problem. Now if we lived in some third world country I would be worried about getting poisoned or hurt by by some company putting shoddy products out. It just doesn't happen here. What I am saying is we have the best protections and I am happy for that. When something is bad it gets recalled.

toysoldier

Hunter
I buy the Kroger brand of peanut butter, just peanuts and salt. Mix it with an electric mixer and refrigerate. Much cheaper and no added sugar or corn syrup.

Cholo

Staff member
I buy the Kroger brand of peanut butter, just peanuts and salt. Mix it with an electric mixer and refrigerate. Much cheaper and no added sugar or corn syrup.
↑ Crazy Richards makes a pure PB with zero sodium. I have to live low sodium :( I pour the oil off the top. I save JIF for to go sandwiches because it doesn't melt like the pure stuff does.

Peter Pan hasn't been immune to shut downs. Just Google Peter Pan contamination.

Latest posts