Interestin' Blackhawk......

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
On another forum there is pictured a stainless Ruger Flat Top Blackhawk fitted with a 4" Colt Anaconda barrel. Except for being stainless, the gun looks very intriguing!

It is reminiscent of the Great Western Deputy of long ago. Makes a handsome package, and loaded with .44 Specials (I'm assuming its a .44 Magnum) would make a nice everyday carry gun.

Bob Wright

contender

Ruger Guru
Creative minds can do some interesting things. I've seen other guns where they used a different company's barrel on the frame of a gun. One that comes to mind is often called a "Smithon" for the Python barrel on a S&W.

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
Creative minds can do some interesting things. I've seen other guns where they used a different company's barrel on the frame of a gun. One that comes to mind is often called a "Smithon" for the Python barrel on a S&W.

The very first American Rifleman I received had a cover photo of a woman holding a "Colton" of some such name. Her target revolver was a S&W .22/32 Target fitted with a barrel from a Colt Officers Model Match.

This from a few issues back:

Bob Wright

Hondo44

Hawkeye
A few years ago I installed a S&W 6 1/2" barrel on a friend's Ruger Super BH. Everyone that sees it wants to buy it from him.

Had to re-thread it of course. The Ruger Super Rehawk has the same thread but he didn't like it as well as the S&W.