I'm a Traitor

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Chief_10Beers

Blackhawk
To meself. I always spouted off that I was Blue Gun guy. I would not own any Stainless Steel Gun, untill today.

I spotted a used 4.62" SS 357 NM Blackhawk at the Hole-in-the wall LGS. After exchanging 420 FRN Play money, it found a new home in my safe. :D

It was only fired 5 times as 4 of the chambers had a very light Blast Ring, one Chamber was a hair darker and one was not fired at all. The Cylinder has a very light turn line, real hard to see. The Front Sight is straight, Billboard is on the bottom of the Barrel. Ears and Sides of the Grip Frame is Flush with the Cylinder Frame. Other than the Blast Rings, it looks Brand New.

It left Newport in 2011 ( S/N 38-10XXX). Came with S/N matching Box, Instuction Manual and Lock.

The owner of the shop told me a gent bought it new and returned it the following week and exchanged it for a SBH. I can't waite to (As Troy would say), "chootit" :mrgreen: ........................................

Photos to follow in a bit, I have to take them first :lol: ........................

Nowata

Single-Sixer
I must confess to being a traitor, too. I prefer SS. There, I said it.

contender

Ruger Guru
Traitor? Nahh, it's still a Ruger. Now if you had bought an off brand & sold a Ruger to do so,,, maybe THEN you'd be a traitor.
Now go out & enjoy your new toy as it's meant to be.

RugerHound

Hunter
Congratulations Chief! I sure enjoy my SS Rugers. They're a piece of cake to clean up, they shoot just as good as a blue gun, and if they get gouged, they're pretty darned easy to make look nice again.

Nothing at ALL wrong with a good SS Ruger! :)

steve b

Single-Sixer
Yesterday packed the SSSS(shiny stainless steel Sheriff), thru a 89 degree day, of handmowing the back hillside down. There is a place for S.S.. Bad weather, multi day carry between cleaning,etc.. steve b

Chief_10Beers

Blackhawk
RugerHound said:
Congratulations Chief! I sure enjoy my SS Rugers. They're a piece of cake to clean up, they shoot just as good as a blue gun, and if they get gouged, they're pretty darned easy to make look nice again.

Nothing at ALL wrong with a good SS Ruger! :)

I didn't mean to imply there was anything wrong with SS, it's just I always perfered Blued Guns, but a Times are a Changing :lol: . There is a 6.5" Single-Six I'm looking at real Hard! :lol: I was contemplating of buying SS to compliment the Blued versions I have.
That means I would have to buy a SS 5.5" SBH to go with my 50th 44mag., a Lipsey SS45 Convertible, Single-Six, GP100, P90 and P345. But I'll hold out on a SS Mini-14.

When does the madness stop? :lol: :lol: ................................................

Tommy Kelly

Buckeye
I have the same opinion on stainless steel guns. I own several but prefer the blued steel. There's nothing wrong with stainless I just prefer blued. I only own 1 stainless super blackhawk and have 5 blued supers to offset the one stainless one. But after really sitting down and comparing them the stainless is ok I guess. It just doesn't flip my switch like a blued one does. Now on the double actions stainless is fine and I have several and even a couple of BFR's that are stainless single actions but they are big guns.

stantheman86

Buckeye
I love both, my carry guns are all stainless now...........ever since I rusted over a blue Service Six after one day of carrying it in an IWB holster on a hot day. :oops:

I love the look of a blue GP100 or Six, but for a "working gun" you can't beat stainless.

Jayhawkhuntclub

Buckeye
Chief_10Beers said:
Jayhawkhuntclub said:
Nothing beats stainless for a handgun. I understand the appeal of blueing. But stainless is superior in function.

It is? Operation, Maintenace? Or Both?...................................

Well maintenance specifically. They are hard to rust and the scratches sand right out. I am apparently too big a clutz to own many blued handguns. But operation wise, about the same.

Ziptar

Bearcat
My preference is for blued guns but, I could never say no to a Stainless Blackhawk Bisley or Redhawk.

PackinPreacher

Bearcat
I also generally prefer blued guns but like the OP, I walked into my LGS recently and saw this:
GP100VaqueroLCR009.jpg
Vaquero in .357 with 3 3/4 bbl. It left with me last week after paying down a short layaway.

Put it in between a couple of my current blue Rugers and it looks awful nice.

GP100VaqueroLCR005.jpg