I wish I had my Ruger _______ back!!!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

David LaPell

Blackhawk
My first OM Single six with its really long barrel. Had both cylinders, was super accurate with both too. Sure, the finish was pretty much gone, but what a shooter. The other was the first handgun I ever owned, my Ruger OM Blackhawk .357 Magnum.

David LaPell

Blackhawk
Other guns, well that would be my Smith 28, my Winchester 1873 in .38-40, my Inland M1 carbine, and right now my Marlin 1894 .32-20.

Cherokee

Single-Sixer
I grew up living about 5 miles from the Everglades in Florida. Around 1965, a friend paid me for some accounting work with a Blackhawk Flat Top 10" 357 Mag. I loved that gun. I carried it all over the Everglades and made some great shots with it. Kept it and shot it a lot until around 1975, living in Pittsburgh, when I discovered it was "collectable". A collector offered me 500.00 for it and I sold it. Had a gunsmith put a 10" tube on another 3 screw I had, thinking I would still have my great gun. NO, not the same and have regretted it ever since. While living in Pittsburgh, lots of old Rugers passed thru my hands that I also wish I had kept - 4 diget 30 Carbine, 4 diget FT 357 shorty engraved, two 4 digit FT 44's stand out in my memory.

A

Anonymous

I sold my brother, my brother mind you, an SP101 that shot very well.
I bought a Single Six new model and at the time I thought it was a pretty good deal.
I have tried for years to buy it back, he wont sell, so last weekend I went out and bought a new one. I wont sell this one....ever.