I wish I had my Ruger _______ back!!!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

dg101win

Single-Sixer
Old Model 45Colt/Acp Convertible 7 1/2" and a S&W Model 29-2,to help pay for a shotgun I bought.
Would sure like to have them both back.

Skalkaho Slim

Blackhawk
45 Colt Blackhawk with a brass Qualite grip frame I installed. Lotta sweat went into that one. :(

Aw hell, who am I kidding, I miss 'em all............... couple of .357 BH's, 44mag SBH's, 454 Alaskan, an innumerable number of GP's in various flavors, a #1 Tropical in 458 Win Mag, Mini 14's, a Red Label..........

The list goes on and on............ :cry: :cry: :cry:

AKGrouch

Bearcat
Mine was a flattop .44, serial # 4240.....always thought that an even 200 away from 44-40 was cool.....stupid me traded it in a weak moment for something else. Like I did for quite a few flattops in the 70's.....oh well

AzRebel

Single-Sixer
I bought the first GP-100 that came into our local gunshop, many years ago. Blued, 4" barrel, and first year of production.

I later worked for the same gun shop, and a gal came in one day looking for one for her husband for Christmas. They were scarce at the time, so I traded the shop-owner that gun for a stainless S&W 686 so he could sell that one to her.

I still miss that GP-100. Should have never let the two of them talk me out of it.

Daryl

MADDOG 521

Single-Sixer
An OMBH in 41 mag. I foolishly sold it for a bottom feeder. I killed 2 deer with that revolver. Never again.

Onty":2iwufbdg said:
BearHawk 357":2iwufbdg said:
... However, I do miss my old 357 Blackhawk....I sold it, years ago, to help pay for my wedding. I'm now divorced and Blackhawkless. The things we do.....the things we do.

Anyway, fill in the blank: I wish that I had my old Ruger _______ back!!!

Some years ago, local guy was selling all his guns. When his buddies asked why, he told them that he is getting married and his fiancé told him to get rid of all guns or else… One older chap told him; "Son, she is not right wife for you, keep the guns and get rid of her, and find the girl that likes you just the way you are. If you don't, and get rid of you guns, she will get rid of you very soon". Young fella was appalled by such rudeness and told him to mind his own business. Well, few years later, that marriage was finished and young fella was calling folks who purchased guns from him, trying to buy them back. He managed to get few 22-s, but he never get some other guns he wanted badly.

8) 8) 8) Amen! & that is all I have to say about that! :wink:

Barry in IN

Bearcat
There are two that I'd like to have back, but am not too upset over.
Both are rifles I traded away during a period of a couple of years when I had no rifle range.

44 Carbine (semiauto). Nothing outstanding about it. I wouldn't mind having another one, so I guess I should have kept that one.

77 International (tang safety) in .243. It shot wonderfully (I still have the 1.3" 300 yard group it shot), but I felt there were better calibers for the short barrel, so let it go.
I've never replaced it with another, so I was better off with that rifle in the caliber that wasn't my first choice than none at all, huh?

huntinguy

Bearcat
Lost three, M77 in 338, my first 18 year old purchase, Blackhawk in 30 carbine, traded my pet cow for it (no, I really did). Both were stolen from my folks house after I was married and living in an apartment (Thought their house would be safer than an apartment. D**** druggie relatives stopped by.) Same with a security six, that gun busted brass in one cylinder but pointed well for me... ( I did send it back to Ruger but, they said it was with in spec.)

Sold one, SP101 in .357, wanted a Glock, Wish I had the SP101 back even though shooting it felt like hitting with a cracked bat.

Miss them all.

junedog

Bearcat
The one I regret selling more than any of the others was a Redhawk 44 Mag. 5.5" barrel. If anyone has one that they don't need let me know. Thanks

Smokey Bear

Bearcat
At 21, before I left for law enforcement academy, I purchased a KGP-141 4" .357. The stainless beauty got me through firearms training and served me well my first job as a park ranger in Colorado...got married, had kids, needed $$$...oh well!

Arokcrwlr

Blackhawk
There are several that I'd like do-overs on...

My first gun; given to me by my dad - Ruger 10/22 Deluxe back in 1972. I traded it for a M77/22 in the 80's. I wish I had kept it.

I also sold 2 RB-41W's and 2 RB-41's - all complete with boxes/shippers. I wish I had, at least, kept one of each.

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
8) Lots of iron over the dam here in the NNW and nearly 9 years in Tucson.....Things are leveled out after seven decades; I have most of "what" I want and am grateful in multiples........Do I miss any of those absent, now living with another "custodian"(That is what we really are, in the end.........)? Yes. The consecutive pair of RSSE's, SN 74425 and 74426. Whoevr has 'em, say "Hello" for me. So far, no one has 'fessed up about their new residence, after John D. sold them without a courtesy call to advise they were going on the block........... :wink: I can look in Dougan's book "Compliments of Col. Ruger" and see 'em, however.

single action

Single-Sixer
If we combined all the sad stories including mine selling a restored 67 mustang for appliances for my First Wife(wacko) we could have a damn fine country western song..............................she is now in the custody of the state of california. sa

Rabon

Single-Sixer
I traded the nicest 5.5 " Redhawk chambered for the 45 Colt I had ever handled (I went thru several of these, what the Hell was I thinking ?) in march of 03. However it never resold, I got it back in the box (last week), just as I had left it. Then theres an Accusport Bisley chambered for the 45 Colt I parted with a few years back (another very nice one) I know where it is and I keep a pretty close eye on it, if the oppurtunity presents itself I'll buy it back also.

Knuckles

Buckeye
Two SS Birdshead Vaquero .45Colts

Montado .45Colt

SS Vaquero.45Colt 5.5" with checkered rosewood red-eagle grips

1st SP101 .357mag DAO

GP-100 3"bbl

Wish I still had them all! :cry:

Bud (knucklehead)