I STRAYED

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Tommy Kelly

Buckeye
Yes I am a ruger nut and have all the single actions made with the 4 5/8" bbl. But a while back I bought the ugliest pistol made a glock it is a 22 in 40 cal. It shoots pretty good. So I went and bought a glock 21 yesterday its a 45 acp pistol. I know they aren't rugers but they shoot pretty good and from reading up on them they seem to be very reliable guns. No I wouldn't give up a ruger for one but for a change they are ok pistols not as good as my kimbers but a good knock around gun.

nnero93

Bearcat
Glocks are good guns thought. So I take you like your Kimbers then? I will try to buy one with next years tax return. I gotta have a 45 :)

Aggie01

Blackhawk
I have owned Glocks longer than I have owned Ruger SA revolvers.
I currently have a Glock 32 with a both .357 and .40 barrels.
It's utterly reliable, chock full of 13+1, and has a set of night sights on it.

I love my Ruger SA's, but the Glock goes everywhere with me.

I'd cry if i put my Ruger SA's in harms way like I do my Glock. I have yet to clean ice cream out of anything but my Glock - and that has happened twice.

I own a 30. Bought it mostly as a protest to the City of LA. They don't allow smallguns sold in their city, so I went into the city next door and bought it. I really enjoy shooting it at the LAPD range near my home.

The glock works well and shoot accurately enough. But plastic guns just don't have any soul. Give me steel and wood any day.

44s Rock

Bearcat
I love to shoot my Glocks, a 17 & 19 but are mostly house guns since I got my Kimbers but for country, it's a revolver. Camping is a GP100, Hunting could be one of my 45LC Vaqueros or S&W 629s.

I'm not much of a Glock fan, but appreciate that others like them.

They feel awful in my hand, I don't shoot them well, and THEY ARE butt ugly. I think I will keep my Belgian HiPower and Kimbers, thank you...... Those I can shoot well. My 2 cents.

Dave :wink:

Wild Bill '67

Single-Sixer
I am looking at the compact Glock in .40 soon. I still love my Rugers and S&Ws. To me the Glock is a great tool for defense. Just fills a different purpose than a Colt or Ruger SA or classic S&W N frame.

The more the better I say!

Yosemite Sam

Hunter
I've owned five over the years, and currently have two. One of those, a G30, I picked up a couple of weeks ago from a forum member (thanks, Doug!). Simple, effective tools. I like to look at and shoot my Ruger SAs more, but when it comes to something as mundane as a carry pistol, it's hard to beat a Glock.

-- Sam

dougader

Hunter
Yosemite Sam":1scdnp0d said:
I've owned five over the years, and currently have two. One of those, a G30, I picked up a couple of weeks ago from a forum member (thanks, Doug!). Simple, effective tools. I like to look at and shoot my Ruger SAs more, but when it comes to something as mundane as a carry pistol, it's hard to beat a Glock.

-- Sam

You're more than welcome, Sam. It was great to meet you.

I feel the same way. A glock is on my hip almost always. But SA revolvers get my real attention for artistry in steel. Also, when I go fishing (especially in Alaska) a big bore revolver takes first chair. When I go on trips, the glock is on my hip but there's also one or two revolvers within quick reach and they'd be first into my hand if an emergency arose, and the glock then assumes the role of a back up gun.

Sonnytoo

Blackhawk
I've had eight; still have three or four. Always goes bang. No other semi that I've owned has been 100%, and I've owned just about all of them.
Sig probably comes closest (IMHO) after Glock, but they are blocky. For serious CCW, it's Glock or a Clark-tuned 1911 for me.
Sonnytoo

revhigh

Hawkeye
Heliman":mybmagco said:
I think I will keep my Belgian HiPower and Kimbers, thank you...... Those I can shoot well.

One outta two aint bad .... :D

REV

jazzman

Single-Sixer
I had a 19 and a 26 in the past but sold them, now I have a 21 but I have not fired it. I eventually will shoot it and keep it ready in case I need it if society decides to get uglier than it is but that will be its only role. I just can't get too excited about it like my rugers and marlins but I can appreciate its purpose.

maxpress

Buckeye
yeah there just so practical. no safteys or hammers to play with, no bushing options, mine have always been 100% reliable box stock, no fitting of replacement parts (all drop in), no embelishments, no slide tightening. some guys with 250,000 rnds and counting through one.

just boring, ugly, reliable and tough kinda like a mule. thats must be why i like em.

i always think its funny at one of the gunshops around here where everyone carries a 1911 and like to dig on glocks. my joke is "yeah, theres just nothing for you guys to play with or fix on a glock"

think its about time i add a 10mm to the collection for fishing/hicking.

Beauetienne

Single-Sixer
I also went over to the dark side recently and picked up a like-new 3G, M22. It was an LEO trade-in at a price that was too good to pass up.

Have yet to shoot her. If I don't like it, I'll trade her.

G'Luck with yours.

glock1.jpg

ncspeedsix

Single-Sixer
For those who choose to carry glocks (as I do quite often), I discovered a terrific holster while at the Greensboro Gun Show a few weeks ago and have been using it ever since. It's an IWB holster that is incredibly thin and comfortable and makes the thickness of the glock all but go away. I have no dog in this hunt, but I am quite a fan of their product. The link to their website is below:

www.n82tactical.com

Latest posts