I STRAYED

Help Support Ruger Forum:

protoolman

Service-Sixer
Few things I don't like about glocks. 1. When they blow up they blame it on lead reloads. (Yes I have seen one blow up). 2. They all show signs of firing pin wipe which just bugs me. 3. They are the most prone to limp wristing autos I have ever seen. 4. They remind me of VW vans-they will get you from point a to point b but dang they are ugly.
Anyway rant off- For a duty auto when I wasnt carrying a revolver I bought the only 100% reliable auto I ever had and that is a P-90 Ruger. Regardless of price is is twice the gun a Glock is.

Yosemite Sam

Hunter
ncspeedsix":37vci2pb said:
For those who choose to carry glocks (as I do quite often), I discovered a terrific holster while at the Greensboro Gun Show a few weeks ago and have been using it ever since. It's an IWB holster that is incredibly thin and comfortable and makes the thickness of the glock all but go away. I have no dog in this hunt, but I am quite a fan of their product. The link to their website is below:

www.n82tactical.com
Thanks for that! Interesting.

BTW, protoolman, I'm not familiar with the term "firing pin wipe", but I'm wondering if you're talking about some elongation of the indentation in the primer. You are aware that the Glock striker has a rectangular face, and is not a round "pin", right?

-- Sam

protoolman

Service-Sixer
Interesting Yosemite I may have to look at a buddys Glock closer to see this rectangular firing pin of which you speak. I occasionally need to learn something even though my wife sometimes thinks its pure ivory from the neck up! Anyway sorry for the rant on those ugly guns! Hope you all enjoy them!

slowpoke

Single-Sixer
I'm sure I was a cowboy in a previous life cause I just love SA sixguns, but my carry gun is a Glock26. It's compact, never failed, and accurate at defense distances. It's a tool for me, I don't really care what it looks like.

Brand loyalty is a psychological study in itself and amuses me somewhat. Kinda like the Harley guys that will only wave at other Harley riders. For me, if you like guns, I like you. Don't get me wrong, I own more Ruger revolvers than any other brand, but I also collect Winchesters, and I have at least 12 other brands that I can think of off the top of my head. It's all good.

MagnumM56

Bearcat
I too think Glocks are not the most aestecially pleasing pistols-yet they are unsurpassed in reliability. I keep a model 20[10mm] within reach. Glock is probably the only mfgr that mass produces the 10mm semi auto as a regular cataloged item. Other Mfgrs produce semi autos chambered in the 10 only as custom or specialty items.
My rugers are for fun -the Glock for self protection. A note-the Glock handles thr recoil generated by the 10 very well because of the weight of the bbl assy

pawncop

Blackhawk
I carried a Glock 21C (45 ACP with the vented configuration) as my duty sidearm for a little over five (5) years. I switched to my S&W M&P 45 ACP in July of '08.

There was nothing wrong with the Glock, it was and remains a fine tool. I have posted previously, and continue to maintain, Glocks do not have a soul.

My 4506 before and my M&P have a soul. They are my partners and are an extension of me. Folks outside the shooting and law enforcement world look at me just a little strangely when I relate this point of view. Those that are in the shooting fraternity know exactly of what I speak.

I still carry a Glock 32 (357 Sig) my primary off duty sidearm and it is a reliable and dependable tool. It doesn't have a soul either.

Will Farr

Bearcat
I never cared for Glocks for all the reasons mentioned in the posts above, even though I had only minimal personal experience with them. I was a sheriff's deputy and range officer for many years, and saw quite a few malfunctions, broken parts, and a couple of blow-ups on the Glocks. A while back, a 3-day Glock school was offered. I decided to take the course to see if maybe I was being unjustly critical of them. After 3 days of shooting, my opinion of them was unchanged. I will stick with 1911 .45's.

drew76

Bearcat
17 (house gun) and 27 (concealed) for me. Those are the only two Glocks I own but would like to add a 21 someday. My Glocks are purely SD weapons. I chose them because they do what I need of them as well or better than anything else AFAIK. Because of this, I can overlook any metaphysical shortcomings a Glock may suffer. I couldn't care less if they don't have a soul (illogical point anyway) because I rely on them to keep MY soul and body together for as long as possible.

Dregg

Single-Sixer
I'm not faithful at all !!
Got Sig, Ruger, Glock, S&W, Colt, and High Standard !

welder

Buckeye
I'm a philanderer too: Springfield, Kimber, Ruger, S&W, Beretta, Glock....I'm sure I missed one. Used to have a Kahr and Taurus and CZ and wished I still had the CZ. :(

Bkat

Blackhawk
I've bought brands other than Ruger, and it always made me feel like I cheating on my wife. I know that Glocks are great guns, but if I bought one I would feel not only like I was cheating, but that I had also picked the ugliest woman at the bar.

Bkat

Mr.Paladin

Bearcat
My G26 never leaves my person. Like others have said it always goes bang when the trigger is pulled.

It takes abuse like no other and chews up any ammo I put into it. My Glock is the one gun I would NEVER give up.

Stoots

Buckeye
Bkat":1ymfsytr said:
I've bought brands other than Ruger, and it always made me feel like I cheating on my wife. I know that Glocks are great guns, but if I bought one I would feel not only like I was cheating, but that I had also picked the ugliest woman at the bar.

Bkat

:lol:

:D

TexasFats

Bearcat
I have strayed into SIG and Kimber territory, myself. Only one Glock. I just can't warm up to Glocks. My Browning HP's, Kimber 1911's, and SIGs just feel better in my hands. And, I don't like the Glock trigger. But, as I said, I do own one 23.

Belt Fed

Single-Sixer
I have a 17 and a 21 and a 30. They are not pretty but they are dependable. Reliability is what sells them. They can take a lot of abuse and neglect and still go bang when you need them to!

Latest posts