I LIke Full Size Guns!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

polseszczyk

Single-Sixer
Just not into compacts. I know they have there place. Just got this. What a wonderful firearm. Smooth as silk. I'm still a "Ruger" fan. Have five.

Samuel
5473784873_ddc2148159_z.jpg

96/44

Blackhawk
Those 92's are great guns. Probably the best trigger of all the SA/DA pistols. I wouldn't want to try to concealed carry one though.

Snake45

Hawkeye
Nice wood! (That's what she said!)

The B92's just a little too big for my hand.

bub

Single-Sixer
Berettas are just too stinkin' SEXY! Although I LOVE my Glocks and wouldn't willingly give them up for anything, Berettas just seem to fit my hand SO GOOD! If you HAVE to have a DA pull, the Beretta pull is just about the best I've ever felt. The PD I work for issues Berettas is you want a Dept issue gun and, I have to say, if anything ever happened to my personally owned Glock 21 duty gun to where it had to go back to Glock for a visit, I wouldn't hesitate to carry an issued Beretta till I got it back. Just so SMOOOOOTH and accurate!

Bub

Yawn

Blackhawk
hey pols, if I remember correctly you bought that for your wife... dont hog all the range time!

pistolpete

Single-Sixer
If I had to make a pistol shot that really counted I'd want a 92. I shouldn't have sold the one I had. I'm going to have to buy another one. At least I still have pictures of it :(

Pam087.jpg

polseszczyk

Single-Sixer
Yawn, LOL yes I did buy it for my wife. She will be shooting it Sunday.
I'm really enjoying this post. Thanks for the great conversation!

Samuel

Big Stu

Single-Sixer
Cheesewhiz said:
rugerfan100 said:
It's beautiful but for me it has to be made in the USA.

Beretta opened a manufacturing plant in Maryland in the 70's and it's still up and running.

Indeed they did. It is located in Accokeek, MD. Not too far from where I grew up. Sure glad to be out of that "Commie" state :lol:

welder

Buckeye
Yawn said:
do you CC with full size guns? If so which ones?

My Beretta M9 is in my regular carry rotation. Under jacket or shirt but still there. I carry it best in a Minimalist. I also carry the 1911 from time to time. These are my only ccw full size guns. The Beretta is a very confidence building gun as it has been 100% reliable to date. I know the grip size gets a few demerits from some hands, but it fits mine well.

DanChamberlain

Single-Sixer
I'm a true fan of the 92, while I've never owned a full sized version. I did own a "compact" for a while, but never warmed up to it. I carried the 92 for about 8 years as an OSI Agent for the Department of the Air Force. We carried concealed and it required a coat for certain. About accuracy, I have to say the 92 is certainly one of the most accurate 9mm pistols extant.

Few people ever really learn to shoot well enough to realize this! I'm sort of an accuracy snob! Too many of my fellow law enforcement types never learn that accuracy is the number one priority for defensive shooting. Speed is number 3! I always told my fellows that if you can't hit a head sized target off hand at 25 yards, you aren't good enough! To prove it, I'd hit a soda can off hand at 25 yards and challenge any of them to do it as well. I don't believe a soda can at 25 yards is a big deal, but I have yet to meet another cop who can do it! I know they're out there, but I've never encountered one.

Dan

Lateck

Single-Sixer
Full sized guns have their place... :lol:
I own a number of large SIG's and they feel good at times.
Other times (if I want to carry) I have to have smaller... :cry:

That's why they make so many different guns now....

By the way, OP, nice 92. :D

Lateck,

Chuck41

Bearcat
I like full sized guns too. Shotguns, rifles, as well as handguns like the 92. Unfortunately I can't carry them concealed so they will remain for use on the range, in the field, or in the home. LC9 is my next Ruger!

polseszczyk

Single-Sixer
Well lets keep this going. I really like "Rugers", but I just bought a CZ 75B.
Pick it up tomorrow. Can't wait! Wanted a P 89 but couldn't find one.

Samuel