I like my LC9s, but intend to carry my Glock

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I really like the Ruger LC9s. It fits my hand well. Shoots well. Has been totally reliable in the years that I have owned it. But like any firearm that I carry regularly, it needs to be cleaned to ensure that it will work properly if and when it is needed. Sometimes I carry my Glock 26 instead of the Ruger. Its just as easy to carry in an OWB holster, is at least as reliable as the Ruger, and with 10+1 capacity it gets the edge over the 7+1 Ruger. But the real difference comes with cleaning. Not only does the Ruger have the annoying pin, but re-inserting the recoil spring assembly is ALWAYS a real PITA. Unlike the Glock, where the equivalent reassembly takes about 2 seconds, the Ruger never fits just right on the first try. Often I am fiddling with it for what seems like forever to get it just right so that it can be compressed and properly fitted against the lug on the underside of the barrel.

After finishing cleaning both of these guns today I decided to let the Ruger have a long vacation in the safe and for the 26 to become my EDC. The only aspect where the Ruger clearly has the edge over the Glock is for pocket carry. The difference in thickness between a single stack and aa double stack semi auto becomes a big difference when in a pocket holster.

Am I the only one who finds reassembling this gun to be a pain in the neck? Or possibly, is it just my gun? The gun shoots flawlessly regardless of what ammo I put in it, so I never considered that maybe the gun itself has a defect. I just assumed this was part of the design of this firearm.

hittman

Staff member
The LC9s and LCPs I had disassembled and reassembled with no problems for me. Unlike most folks, the pin didnt bother me either and mine never walked out.

My problem with them was reliability and trigger bite.

KIR

Sparks, NV
LC9 had a long trigger pull which necessitated pulling it back and then slightly upward before it fired. Got rid of mine and replaced it with possibly the last Browning Hi-Power Mk. III in Reno!

Jon406

Single-Sixer
I like my EC9s for those days I want to pack light, disassembly isn't hard and the trigger is great, not being long like on the LC9.

I find it interesting that someone finds a Glock easy to clean. I need to go look at my LC9s....

Yes, I think the same folks at Ruger that designed the MKs probably helped with the LCS... but I swear the original MK designers had to have been the ones that designed Glocks... I actually have a video on my opinion of this.