I firearm you will never get rid of

Help Support Ruger Forum:

gatorhugger

Blackhawk
The title of this old thread reminds me of something my father told me... we don't own anything. We lease it. In 50 years somebody is going to own all these guns who probably won't know your name.

Dust in the wind......all we are is dust in the wind... :(

VanCamp53

Bearcat
Two that I bought new as a very young man that are both near and dear to my heart ... 1976 200th year Super Blackhawk and a Royal Blue 6" Colt Python. They are both pretty much Safe Queens today.

winchester348

Single-Sixer
My Winchester model 71 in .348. I would have to change my usser name if I sold it. lol
Followed by My Redhawk .44 that I saved all summer for in 1985

CET2012

Bearcat
My Charter Target Bulldog .357 mag/38 special. 5 shots I can truly count on. It's my home defense weapon, the .357 hurts your hand to shoot but who cares if you are defending your family?

The guy who said Nylon 66 brought back a lot of good memories, that was my first gun.

Buckeye!

Blackhawk
1917 Eddystone Enfield 30-06 all original with red paint , a gift from my wife 25 years ago... out of 50 + firearms he only one i will never part with ...

wbhatcher

Bearcat
Verndog, I had a stainless Security Six (Bicentennial) just as you've described. Dang you, now I'm going to be miserable the rest of the day thinking about how dumb I was to let it go.

OldePhart

Blackhawk
Guns are just tools to me. I don't get attached to them for other than what they can do. So far I've never owned one that I couldn't replace with another that would do the same job as well.

So, while I'll always have guns for certain jobs, and I like some more than others, there is none that owns a permanent irrevocable place in my safe.

Sorry...I'm boring...I have no soul... :)

Mark II

Bearcat
The Mark II my Dad gave me a couple years ago (1985 model, blued finish, 5.5 inch bull barrel). He bought a few of them in the early 80's (multiple barrel types and lengths) and we always enjoyed shooting them. As a kid, I never understood why he had to have so many basically identical pistols...but things are starting to make more sense to me now. I'd sooner sell a kidney than let this one go.

eveled

Hawkeye
Some guns I want to keep for sentimental reasons, some I like for their function, some for their beauty. I would hate to have to choose one over the others, I own all of them for a reason.

The one gun I own that has the most sentimental value, very functional, concealable, and beautiful as well. Is my Dad's security six, I bought it to give to him for being the best man at my wedding, he loved it. I went shooting with him the week before he died, and the security six was the last gun he ever shot.

securitysix004_zps8624151e.jpg

dakota1911

Buckeye
Would be tough. Probably keep my 76 Blackhawk in 357. First centerfire hand gun I bought after I turned 21.