I decided that I needed another 9mm pistol.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

dgray64

Bearcat
I have sold a couple of my 40's as I'm not getting any younger and the recoil is a bother. Then I sold my compact .45 (a Taurus PT-745). Good pistol, but again it was small so the recoil was up. I found a nice .45 1911 to replace it. I still needed another 9mm, so I stopped at my favorite pawn shop in town and looked in the case. The salesman asked what I was looking for and I wanted an SR9. He didn't have on. He had an LCP (got one), and a P22, but I have the Walther model of that, I thought I was out of luck since all he could find then was a new P95. Then he whooped and showed me an SR9c that he didn't know he had left. New in the box. I handled it. I fondled it. He changed out the flat magazine plate on the short mag for me and I fondled it some more. I bought it. Who Hoo. I took it home, cleaned it and shot fire rounds out of it (conserving ammo). It shoots better than I do. I love it. Not much recoil, accurate and fun to shoot. I even fits in the Fobus holster I had for the Taurus. Its a keeper. Sorry, no pictures yet.

Dave :D :)

sammeow

Bearcat
Excellent purchase, love the way it feels and shoots.
Did it come with the extended mag too? Nice to be able to have a full size grip on it.

Trucker

Single-Sixer
sammeow said:
Did it come with the extended mag too? Nice to be able to have a full size grip on it.

The SRC and SR40C Both come from the factory with two mags. One "short" [more concealable] when used for CC and the other "extended" except when marketed for jurisdictions where the extended mags are not legal. In that eventuality both mags will be "short". The capacities of the mags are 10 and 17 [9mm] or 9 and 15 [40 cal]

sammeow

Bearcat
Yup, I know. Just wasn't sure where dgray64 lives. So does a SR9C in say Cali come with a short 10 rd mag as well as basically a 10 rd SR9 (extended base) mag with a sleeve? In Texas they are factory 17 with sleeve and short 10.

TXRuger

Bearcat
Congrats on the SR9c! Like I said in the other forum, I have the SR9 also and both are excellent handguns. I'm going to get the SR45, too, because the SR9 shoots great and feels so good in my hand.

Texasgunner

Single-Sixer
Da Ja Vou (Hey Tx) :lol:

Had mine (wife thinks its hers) over 3 yrs 8)

45469-1.jpg

Pops 1

Single-Sixer
The SR9c is a fine shooter, they are hard to find in stock in my area. I bought two last summer his and hers. We have had no problems with them. Pops

recoil

Bearcat
Congrats on your purchase...I have a SR9 and I love it, I want a SR45, but I may just have to get a SR9c too :wink: