Hunting pop cans

Help Support Ruger Forum:

crow#2

Single-Sixer
My relaxing meditating this morning was used for target practice on a coke can about 40 plus yards. Uberti 1873 ler gun and blackhawk both 45 colt. I like peep sights.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240213_131020_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240213_131020_Gallery.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 37

crow#2

Single-Sixer
I use to be a good shot but my eyes are not to good now.Still enjoy it though.
I gotta figure this po hone out. I keep getting weird italics and different print or fonts or whatever it's called.

contender

Ruger Guru
Yep,, a bunch of old, out of date cans like that,, on a hot summer day,, fun targets.

We used to get the old out of date beer from our delivery guys. (That practice was stopped once a few dishonest drivers were caught selling beer on the side.)
Let them get good & hot,, then line them up & blast them. Vaporized many of them. Made a lot of new shooters laugh at the results. (Be sure to be at a good distance, otherwise,, you will get a misty shower.)

Can plinking is as old as cans are.

Yep,, a bunch of old, out of date cans like that,, on a hot summer day,, fun targets.

We used to get the old out of date beer from our delivery guys. (That practice was stopped once a few dishonest drivers were caught selling beer on the side.)
Let them get good & hot,, then line them up & blast them. Vaporized many of them. Made a lot of new shooters laugh at the results. (Be sure to be at a good distance, otherwise,, you will get a misty shower.)

Can plinking is as old as cans are.
This reminds me of a day shooting at Coors light cans. In the 80's I used to work at a Fed Mart, which is pretty much like a Kroger nowadays. We got a pallet of Coors light in. Somebody accidentally stored it in the freezer locker. The bottoms of all the cans pooched out. Someone else had an idea to put it on the loading dock in the sun to see if that would fix things. We ended up with a pallet of ruined beer. The whole pallet went into the dumpster- well, almost the whole pallet. My buddy who was the head of security and I loaded the back of my Bronco with maybe 30-40 flats. We bought a bunch of 12ga birdshot and .22 and headed out to San Fran canyon and had us a good old time. Shake those cans up and they vaporized when even one birdshot pellet hit. A couple hours later we were covered in dried beer mist and had sore shoulders, but that was one of the most fun times I've ever had. Picked up the remnants of the cans and the aluminum scrap got us a lot of our ammo money back. Getting the beer off the Bronco, the guns, and ourselves was another thing, though. We still joke about how glad we were that we didn't get pulled over on our way home- that would have taken some explaining. You could smell that rank beer smell from a block away. Probably wouldn't have believed we didn't drink a drop.

Latest posts