How many of you like the 4 5/8 shorties?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Enigma

Hunter
tomiswho":1mhr9rnq said:
Sounds like some folks need to start writing their DNR's and state legislators about changing the hunting regulations. You can get the law changed!

In my state (Maryland), if you contacted legislators about changing handgun hunting regulations, their response would likely be 'What!? You can hunt with handguns? Well, we'll just see about that!'

In Maryland, all guns are evil. All gun owners are evil. Handguns and handgun owners, however, are especially evil.

JNewell

Single-Sixer
For holster carry or general use, IMO, 4 5/8" rules. I've had a few of the shorter barrels (BH Vaq, Montado, etc.) and stll have one. They have their place, but among other things I like the full length ejector with the as-short-as-matches barrel that you get with the 4 5/8" length.

bishawk.jpg

Scott

Single-Sixer
DSC01773-1.jpg

.45 Colt and single six; layin' low for a while before deciding what will be my next short barrell SA[/img]

j.r. ruger guy":6r4izts4 said:
WAYNO are they both in 45 cal ? very good pic by the way - really clear
jim

Yep, both are .45.

Thanks for the compliment. That photo was taken outdoors, where the lighting is much better than anything I can duplicate, indoors.

WAYNO.

Revolver-Time":1e7npbk1 said:
I like em too much. I have six of the little buggers and that after trading off a short SBH to a fellow forum member.

Yep and that short bbl SBH made #5 for me!
2 in 45c and 2 in 357. Throw in a couple of 5.5 inchers and I just realized I need a couple more!