How many of you like the 4 5/8 shorties?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

j.r. ruger guy

Bearcat
44 Super
357 mag stainless
single-six
this is my most comfortable carry size
100_1648.jpg

BearHawk 357

Single-Sixer
I love these guns. I just wished that the state of Ohio would allow this barrel length for deer hunting here. We have to have 5" barrels (or longer) for deer hunting. Oh well.....great pics BTW.

Hawk-in-Wi

Buckeye
i like them , problem is i shoot the longer tubes better ,

here in WI our law states 5 1/2" but its measured from the fireing pin to the muzzle

Enigma

Hunter
I prefer them for carry, but also can't hunt with them; state law requires 6" minimum - which is really annoying, since I have a 5.5" Redhawk!

Rclark

Hunter
While 4 5/8 is okay, I prefer 5 1/2" barreled revolvers if I can get 'em. Just a personal thing :) . Nice set of revolvers!

tek4260

Buckeye
ADP3":p74d0cjm said:
They make long barrels? :D

Best Regards,
ADP3

Ya but I just cut them off and make them 4 5/8. :D
My crowning tool isn't large enough for the barrel on my 475 so Clements is making that one 4 5/8 as well along with his custom sight with interchangable blades.

Snake45

Hawkeye
I don't own a SA revolver of any brand or caliber, but if I ever do get one, it will be a 4 5/8" barrel. SAs just look right at that length. :wink:

j.r. ruger guy

Bearcat
Flatheadsal.....
the 41 mag is next on my list . fine lookin revolvers you have there. I noticed they are all 3-screws , have they been converted ?
I am looking to get into o.m. non-transfer bar s/a . They just have a better feel to me than the n.m.
jim

Old Judge Creek

Single-Sixer
Yuppers, I like the shorties for all day carry in the bush as well. I have 4 5/8" Bisley Vaqueros in 44 mag and 45 Colt and a Blackhawk 45, a 3" Uberti 45 Colt Thunderer, and a 3" S&W 629.

But I can tellya this, if they were comfortable to carry I'd prefer the accuracy invested in the long sight radius of a 12" barreled Colt Buntline. I once went just shy of 12 months shooting a 2nd Gen Buntline at SASS matches without missing a target (with the Buntline). I sure missed more'n a few with what ever other shooter that filled my off hand though. :lol:

But that Buntline....... whoo-eeeee! It was "charmed"!!! Pullin' that piece was like picking up a Cribbage hand and having been dealt four 5s. And then cutting His Nibs.

Kinda like I'd feel if I owned that purrrty Blackhawk at the top of the above picture.

:lol:

Latest posts