How blessed I am...............

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
Tewnty, maybe twenty five years ago Nita and I made our Reelfot "expeditions" a family outing. At one time we were a two car expedition. The years have narrowed it down so that there is just my niece and me. And she is about as enthusiastic a bird watcher as we were.

She spent the past week with a trip to Yellowstone, and she recounted all the birds and wildlife seen there.

Today I got a card from her, telling me that it was because of our tripps to Reelfoot that contributed to her appreciation of the wildlife there. She thanked me for "broadening her outlook on life" and that she was more appreciative of what she saw.

I was overwhelmed.

Bob Wright

gunzo

Hunter
Good job Bob. You broadened another's outlook & Reelfoot is certainly a great place for the lessons.

roylt

Hunter
I don't take many vacations because as a single dad it can be hard to get the schedule to work and the wallet...
But two years ago I took the kids to AZ to visit my sister and friends and then we drove over to CA to see the ocean. Teenage kids don't travel well with boring dad but I am so glad we did it. It cost a lot of wallet but I don't think the kids or I will ever forget it. Money well spent.
I've taken the kids to parks, hiking, biking, try to expose them to many things if possible. Hopefully one day they will look back and say dad wasn't so bad after all.

Glad you niece reached out to let you know. Good job.

gunzo

Hunter
Great job roylt!!!!!!!!!! When I had my young daughters every other weekend I barely had the coin to take them to McD's on Saturday. Wish I could have shown them more.

Armybrat

Buckeye
After losing his wife to breast cancer in 2013, my middle son vowed to continue their family tradition of travel, attending local festival events, and enjoying the outdoors.
62$$IMG_0410.jpeg
226$$IMG_1035.jpeg
263$$IMG_1151.jpeg
IMG_1390.jpeg
IMG_1663.jpeg