High gloss stainless steel GP 100s?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Sacramento Johnson

Blackhawk
Hi all,
Saw a high gloss stainless steel GP 100 recently and was told it was from 1996. What's the story on these? Were they standard stainless steel models that got a high polish as opposed to the normal satin finish?

wproct

Single-Sixer
Yes, I have seen GP100 revolvers with high gloss stainless steel finish. Can't remember if it was a Davidson's or Lipsey's distributor exclusive or not. At any rate, if it's a factory finish it should be marked as such on the box that it came in. I can't remember exactly how the box is marked. Hopefully Iowegan will be on soon to offer more complete information.

Timbo23

Plinker and accumulator
I just check Ruger's web site and they listed two GP100s with 'high color' finishes. I assume that means high gloss. One is blued, model 1776, and the other is stainless, model 1777. They are Talo exclusives and both have 4 inch barrels.

yes, we recently sold a nice KGP-100 6 inch last gun show and it too was high polish folks thought it was nickel, it was so bright and vivid.....and as noted above, some have been done with the likes of Flitz or Mothers and can be made very bright, I doubt it was 'bubba', cause he was always TOO lazy to take the time to do that kind of work, or put in the the effort.........:cool::rolleyes:;)

hittman

Staff member
I too am not a big fan of high polish. And I probably wouldn't buy one without the end label or verification from Ruger saying it came that way.

I've got a really shiny Colt Trooper …. It gets dirty just sitting in the safe. :ROFLMAO:

dhains1963

Single-Sixer
The python and anaconda are beautiful guns with the high polish finish. The high polish finish is like an o/u shotgun I bought a few years ago. It has a beautiful walnut stock and engraved receiver. Only one problem with it, could not take it hunting because I was afraid to ruin it. I can take a mossberg 896 into the woods and throw it out of my tree stand and, oh well (unloaded of course).

Latest posts