Hickok45 on Rumble

Help Support Ruger Forum:

NC FNS

Single-Sixer
My searching skills were unable to turn up anything on this. I enjoy watching Hickok45 occasionally, but prefer to not do it on Youtube. When he started uploading to Rumble, it seemed like the perfect alternative. But it's been months since any new uploads have appeared on Rumble. Anyone know what's going on there?

I've never seen it.... I have a number of videos with firearms on them and it has not been a problem... and I watch Hickok 45 all the time there... the one video of mine they do have a warning on is the one of the Texas Church Shooting I posted.... and I have no problem with their warning about it... it does show several people being killed.

maybe just maybe it is what the person is doing with the firearm that is the problem not the firearm itself?

hittman

Staff member
I used to watch him some when his channel would hit my You Tube feed. Never subscribed to it though.
Seemed like an "average Joe" and did good reviews that were complete and drama free.
Then him and his son ( ?? ) posted a video on an anti-NRA rant and it just drove me away. Didn't then and don't now give a toot about his beef with the NRA or anybody else. I didn't know he was still around and I've never heard of this Rumble thingy.

Cholo

Staff member
I've never heard of Rumble either. I do like Hickock45 and watch his videos.

I don't know how YouTube pays money for gun videos. I believe that is why people call guns "pew-pews" to get around censorship. And there was something else about not being able to show how guns are taken apart? But I don't know the specifics.

I believe Blume said this first, but I agree. Basically to sum it up, if limit your money dealings to friendly 2A businesses it will be a very short list indeed.

Just because some internet site says he 'might' have made over 5 million don't make it so... I actually clicked on the link above and the estimate ran from 858K to 5.1 Million.... now think about those numbers... that's like saying I went to the range and shot pretty good, I managed to hit the target one time or 6 times, not really sure.... but if he is making 5 million dollars off of me watching his video then good for him.. I can't recall buying one item due to what he promoted. Heck, I have a YouTube video I made years ago that has well over 30K views and they have not sent me one cent... what gives? and what about the videos of either me or Contender shooting his course at the East Coast Ruger Gathering? Lord, we know they should be blocking those from viewers.

All I can say is good for him. The thing that's being left out, is he's been doing this for years, and when he started, or when anyone else starts there's no money in it. It takes a long time to start bringing in any money and even then you could keep doing it for years and not make much. Not to mention the camera he uses isn't cheap, and his sound system is pretty darn good. Neither is good. If you've ever read the book Think and Grow Rich, the point is well and accurately made that most people give up on an idea or project before they have real success. I don't begrudge him a dime.

wproct

Single-Sixer
I guess I always assumed that any money generated was from companies of the products featured on the videos and that the number of views was kind of for bragging rights and a measure for companies to see how many viewers have seen their product being covered. I use Youtube a lot but primarily for viewing and listening to music, mostly older stuff.

I just don't understand the reason not to watch YouTube. To me it has some of the best aviation and history programs available along with the individual how to do stuff and much more.
Need to know how to do brain surgery well it's probably on YT.
Yes some YTers make a large sum of money which depends on the view count and the advertising they receive.

Not to bad for a gun Guy having fun

How many video views does hickok45 have?

hickok45 has 2,289,097,187 video views. THAT IS A B as in Billion

What is net worth of hickok45?

Net worth of hickok45 is approximately $ 2.78M.

What is the monthly income of hickok45?

Income of hickok45 is $ 17.5K.

Last edited:

Jayhawkhuntclub

Buckeye
How is it possible that someone has not heard of Rumble.com?!? I'm completely out of touch and I've known about it for years. It's basically the free speech alternative to youtube. Basically, they don't demonetize, or take down videos if you question the official narrative.

How is it possible that someone has not heard of Rumble.com?!? I'm completely out of touch and I've known about it for years. It's basically the free speech alternative to youtube. Basically, they don't demonetize, or take down videos if you question the official narrative.

I spend a lot of time on the internet, but I'll admit that I was not aware of Rumble until fairly recently. I listen to Dan Bongino on radio, and he often refers to his podcasts on Rumble so I signed up. Based on this thread I just added Hickock45 to those I follow, since I had been a big fan of his on YouTube.

FWIW, of the many gun related channels on YouTube, years ago I came to feel that Hickock45 was worth trusting. I had never been a fan of Glock, thinking of them as too bulky to consider, but when he said that the only brand on handgun that he would trust with his life, new right out of the box, was Glock, it made a real impression on me. My Rugers have always been reliable and trustworthy, but based upon his recommendation I thought I should give Glock another look. Shortly afterward I bought my first Glock, a Gen4 Model 17 which has been my primary home defense firearm for years now (which BTW, has never even once had the slightest failure of any kind, regardless of the ammo being used, so I have full confidence that it will go bang when and if I need to pull the trigger.)