Hello All I bought a pair of Ruger 44 Vaqueros I need FRONT SIGHT Help.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

jspick

Bearcat
I Bought a pair of Ruger Vaqueros in 44 mag. They are in real nice shape. Except The guy who had them used them for CASS and filed the sights down so far that I shoot over the top of everything I aim at. I shot them both off the bench and they both shoot way to high for light 44 mag loads.
My Question is Where Can I get new front sight Blades for them. I've checked on line and haven't found anyone who has factory front sight blades for a 44 mag 5.5" barrel Vaquero.
Thanks for the help. John

Attachments

• ruger 44 mag vaqueros.JPG
    ruger 44 mag vaqueros.JPG
    115.7 KB · Views: 74
Try Ruger. I bought one from them for a 45 Colt Vaquero. They need to be silver soldered on.
Strange that they shoot high with light loads since the SASS guy would have been shooting light loads. My 45s shot low so I took some off of the front sight.
As a stop gap you might try to JB weld some stainless welding rod, or something similar, to the sight.
Looks like Super hammers have been added. :) :)

jspick

Bearcat
The hammers are Ruger wide spur hammers. Thanks I will get in touch with Ruger tomorrow. That is my last resort. But I doubt they have the front sights for a 44 mag Ruger.

jspick

Bearcat
I have a several hundred rounds that I have loaded up for my 629. I will use them. They are 240gr bullets

If Ruger can't help and you have someone who can silver solder them on get some stainless and cut new ones. Building up with weld would work as well. The custom possibilities are endless.

jspick

Bearcat
Thanks for all the help guys. I did call Ruger but didn't expect to get any help because the gun has been out of production for a while now. I gave them my serial numbers and they are sending me two new balde sights for FREE! I offered to pay for them and they said no charge. Just customer service. WOW! I have had Ruger handguns for almost 50 years now and never thought to ask them if they had older parts. I looked on thier website and they state which guns they don't service anymore. But everything else they do!

Just a note on my first Ruger handgun was a old model three screw blackhawk, 357. I carried it all one summer in the high country of Colorado riding a grazing permit in the mid 70's. I used it for hazing wild cows. Shooting food. Back then we didn't have grizzlies and wolves to deal with. After that summer I ran across a New model blackhawk stainless in 357, 200th year model. I sold the old model. I knew about carrying it on a empty chamber but there were times hazing cows out of the woods that I cocked it, then didn't shoot it and let the hammer back down and didn't like riding hell bent for leather with the gun on a loaded chamber chasing wild cows. I still have the Stainless 200th year over 40 years later.