GRIPS FOR BLACKHAWK

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I'm not thrilled with the grips that came on my stainless Blackhawk.
I'd like a real deep black set of wood grips. I'm thinking Ebony.

I've looked on line and it seems most of the grip makers have blanks or even completed grips, but none in a real black ebony.

Does anyone know of a grip maker that can make custom grips out of ebony?

BearBio

Buckeye
Look at buffalo horn, also. However, stainless frames sometimes are different. A friend of mine took two pair of my buffalo horn for his ROA and they wouldn't fit==both did on my blued frames.

hdxr750

Single-Sixer
Try member LSCG from Texas. He is 1 of a few that are members of the Forum, his name is Zane Thompson. I know there are more but My brain's not in gear just now.

This, from a previous post. Unfortunately, the photobucket pictures of the grips actually installed on a revolver, are gone...

WAYNO said:
Shows in-stock today at Optics Planet.

I have ordered a number of exotic wood grips from Hogue. In every case, they've been great.

Here's a set of Ebony's that I've had a long time, but until today I don't think they've been mounted on anything I own.

And as nice as real walnut grips are, there's really no comparison to the ebony. :mrgreen:

And compared to Rosewood...There is no comparison.

WAYNO.

Robert 58

Bearcat
These are Black Diamond wood grips. They have a nice feel to them. They seem to be thicker at the top. Most comfortable grips I have ever seen. They are sold on E-bay. You can get them smooth or checkered. With or without Medallions.

HsBaniIh.jpg