GP100 4" Barrel Holster

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Pale Horse

Bearcat
Tioga County said:
Simply Rugged Sourdough Pancake with IWB loops.

This!

I never in my wildest dreams would have thought carrying a 4" GP100 around all day comfortably was possible. But the Simply Rugged holster made a believer out of me. Great holster for a great gun.

Chuck 100 yd

Hunter
I like holsters that give good protection to the gun.
Here is one that I made for my GP 4".
I am not in the business to sell,just a hobby.
IMG_1246.jpg

rugerlovah

Single-Sixer
if you are looking at non-"custom" options, I don't think you can beat the Galco D.A.O. holster. high quality, great design. protects the gun well, and you can adjust the tension on the gun with a screw. I think it's outstanding, I've got one stamped with the ruger logo for my Blackhawk.

the Bianchi 5BH or BHL is another non-custom option that is very good.

for custom options, I have holsters from Simply Rugged and El Paso Saddelry which are great. I'd give the nod to SR if you want a pancake style, EPS is you want a regular threepersons style.

41manor44

Single-Sixer
Trailmaster [email protected]
He's a one man operation out of MT. He builds and designs them himself. He'll send you a pdf catalog with all the options that are available. A great guy to do business with and doesn't charge a budget busting price.

PC1700012-1.jpg

PA070007-1.jpg

Here are several he's built for me. He specializes in GPs, Redhawks, and Alaskans. He builds them to last.

RME

Blackhawk
I second Trailmaster Holsters. Earl is a great person to work with & makes really
nice, tough & good looking holsters at a to low $$ price. Here's a few of his that
I have. The front holster is for my GP-100 4".

RME

LarryH

Single-Sixer
Those Trailmasters are really nice. I will check into them! I had one made for my 4" GP100 by Robb
at http://bigrobsgunleather.weebly.com/index.html. Very nice and very comfortable.

P94/GP100

Single-Sixer
I have several for mine-the most frequently used is my Kramer IWB in mahogany horsehide, and for field use I have a Bianchi UM84R, an excellent full-flapped holster-their revolver version of the military M9/UM84/UM92 holster. The flap is removable, by the way.

If it's a stainless steel GP100, I'd also recommend Blade-Tech's kydex holsters-that's what I mainly use for my stainless steel Security Six (but if your GP is blued, be advised that the kydex will be harsher wear-wise on the places where the gun rubs against the kydex).

Best, Jon

catfish621

Single-Sixer
I have found the gp100 to be heavy when worn on the belt, always pulling my pants down. Do any of these holsters allow you to carry without that happening?

rugerlovah

Single-Sixer
catfish621 said:
I have found the gp100 to be heavy when worn on the belt, always pulling my pants down. Do any of these holsters allow you to carry without that happening?

I have found several solutions to this. YMMV.

First, the bianchi 5BH or BHL is designed for a "high" ride. the way it positions the gun, you don't feel like you're carrying as much weight. not quite as easy to get at the gun when you want to skin it, IMO, but it does seem to ride noticeably lighter.

Second, a pancake holster like the simply rugged. the pancake is a very wide holster, with belt slots on each end. once it is cinched up, the gun rides tightly right next to your body. the weight is well spread out. this minimizes the "sag" compared to a normal hip holster.

Third, and even though this is third, it should be first: use a good holster belt. If you use a wide belt made of heavy leather, and cinch the thing up tight, it will git er done on carrying a heavy 6-shooter on the belt. buy something specifically designed as a holster belt, don't try doing it with your regular ol skinny dress belt.

41manor44

Single-Sixer
If the gun is pulling your pants down try this,

P4070001-1.jpg

P4070004-1.jpg

It's also made by Trailmaster Holsters. Works really well.