GP-100 action job

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Dennisn

Bearcat
I like Rugers but every one needs an action job. My local Smith does this with no spring replacement and it feels good. I pick up a new to me tomorrow GP -100 4 inch. Should I get an Apex spring kit? Plus Hi-Viz sight?

Thanks for your help

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
I did exactly that to mine; Wolf spring kit and HiViz front sight. Of course that was after shooting the gun for a while and smothing up the internals a little. It all depends on what you want. :D

GP100man

Buckeye
Guns are like a bathroom or kitchen , ya can spend anything ya want on em !!!

But a sweet trigger is priceless!!

My wifes trigger trips at 1/2 oz. these days !!!LOL

Biggfoot44

Blackhawk
And the problem with the job by the local 'smith was ? *To Me* smoothness and consistancy of DA pull is preferable to a very light pull per se. With 100% reliability of course.

GP100man

Buckeye
Well ,if ya gonna do it yaself just smooth or polish surfaces & get ya some hammer/trigger shimms from lance .
A member here that makes excellent shimm kits for the GP ,removing side to side motion brings the inconsistent trigger pulls to a halt !!

TreeDoc

Bearcat
I've had a few GPs and before, I would always replace the springs. I just got a gp 3 inch and decided to keep the stock springs and do a polishing of the contact points. Gun has smoothed up quite bit.

Latest posts