Gotta get a 9mm pistol.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

oldiron1

Single-Sixer
I'm not sure why we need to get onto this legal tangent. It's the buyer's and seller's responsibility to understand and abide by the local and federal regulations and should be left at that in my opinion.

The OP simply asked opinions about different 9mm pistol possibilities....I suggest leaving the conversation to that.

Just my 2 cents.

GeneW

Bearcat
oldiron1 said:
Another fantastic "sleeper" 9mm that might want to be considered in the Sig Pro SP2022, especially if a hammer is of interest.

I've had all of the 9mm pistols that you've mentioned...Glock, M&P & XD/XDm. All three are great guns. It all comes down to the shooters preference.

I have a Sig 2022 in layaway. Reasonably priced and a fine gun.

cruzerlou

Buckeye
Of the three you mentioned I like the glock best .And as a side note I like the G19 better than the G17 .You can add the glock made +2 floorplates and and now you have 17 round mags for the G19 .I had mine set up that way and I loved the gun .I had to sell it to buy my duty gun a Gen4 G22 and it was a good gun too but just last week traded it for a N.I.B. Gen 3 G17 .I'm coloncating all my semi auto handguns [with the exception of my Kimber .45] to 9 MM I have a P-95 , a Taurus PT92 and now the G17 any of these guns the wife and her sister can shoot well + the ammo is cheaper and more plentful than the .40 S&W this way they both have night stand guns and I have three tac vest all set up the same way so if we need to bug out real quick like we all have hgandguns and mags for them + 10 mags for our M-4's in each vest .
Lou

FergusonTO35

Hunter
According to Kentucky Revised Statutes anyone convicted of a felony cannot possess or purchase a firearm, regardless of where they get it. It is also now a felony to provide a firearm to an ineligible person regardless of whether or not you are a dealer. It is true that our state does not prohibit private sales or gifts of firearms but the law regarding who can possess one still applies.

527.090 Fraudulent firearm transaction.
(1) As used in this section:
(a) "Licensed dealer" means a person who is licensed pursuant to 18 U.S.C. sec. 923 and pursuant to any laws of this Commonwealth and engages in the business of dealing in firearms;
(b) "Materially false information" means information that portrays an illegal transaction as legal or a legal transaction as illegal; and
(c) "Private seller" means a person who sells or offers for sale any firearm.
(2) A person is guilty of fraudulent firearm transaction when he or she knowingly:
(a) Solicits, persuades, encourages, or entices a licensed dealer or private seller of firearms to transfer a firearm under circumstances which the person knows would violate the laws of this Commonwealth or the United States;
(b) Provides to a licensed dealer or private seller of firearms what the person knows to be materially false information with intent to deceive the dealer or seller about the legality of a transfer of a firearm; or
(c) Procures another to engage in conduct prohibited by this section.
(3) Fraudulent firearm transaction is a Class D felony.
Effective: July 12, 2012
History: Created 2012 Ky. Acts ch. 121, sec. 1, effective July 12, 2012.