Got the new GP100 6" Blue,, trigger stinks though,,

Help Support Ruger Forum:

benchrest500

Single-Sixer
Hi All,

Got my new GP100 6" Blue last week (Davidson's), have yet to fire it though. Cool that they have the Hogue grips now.

Cheaped out on the scope with a Simmons 2x6x32 but actually I haven't had issues with these scopes yet (this is number 3).

Have a Weigand no drill mount in route and some Weaver Rings

Also the trigger on this thing is one of the worst I have ever felt so I ordered a Wolf spring kit from Brownell's.

I've done some trigger jobs on SRH's before I assume this to be similar.

I'm not too concerned about double action reliability so I'll be light on the springs, my SRH 44 is not 100% on double either but is on single. With a scope I'll never be concerned about double and doubt the scope will ever come off.

I did some serious work on the sear/hammer on my SRH and it has no creep at all,, figure the same will happen to the GP, it feels like you're dragging a body up stairs right now.

What have you done to your triggers on this gun and how did you go about it?

actionflies

Bearcat
Change the springs out and buff out the trigger contact or sit in front of the tv and dry fire over and over like some people do which I think is a waste of time :roll: .

benchrest500

Single-Sixer
I read in another thread about shims for the hammer,, haven't looked on Midway but Brownell's doesn't show any such shims.

I will also look at Power Custom, not sure how much room to expect for shims though.

So painting all the moving parts with Valve Lapping compound and dry firing several hundred time won't help?? :lol:

TiteGroups

Blackhawk
The only way you're getting creep out is to move some metal, polishing won't do it.

benchrest500

Single-Sixer
TiteGroups said:
The only way you're getting creep out is to move some metal, polishing won't do it.

yeah I already planned on it, even considering Power Custom's stoning fixture this time in fear I have just gotten lucky on my previous hammer/sear work,,,, just would like to actually SEE and work with one before dropping the cash.

Be nice to know things are good and square and duplicate the work.

benchrest500