Got a nice M1 Garand you want to show off?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Shep

Single-Sixer
I bet more than a few on this forum have some of these fantastic old rifles stashed away. Let`s see em.

The one below is an IH rebuilt with a Springfield barrel. Since it`s been rebuilt, it`s not that much of a collector, but it`s a fantastic shooter.

100_1499-1.jpg

100_1498-1.jpg

SAJohn

Hunter
Making "collector" status out of military firearms that were made in the millions is something I do not understand. M-1 carbines go for unbelievable prices even though several million of them still reside in South Korea where we gave them away free (the S. Korean Government would love to sell them back to us at current U.S. market prices). I wonder where are the Garands and 1911s are.

John

Don Lovel

Hunter
I don't have any pictures of my DCM 1952 IHC I got back when the price was $165.00
I put a Smith Enterprise muzzle brake (not legal for DCM highpower match) but an amazingly well built accessory for your Garand that makes it recoil like a M1 Carbine.
http://www.nokick.com/M1_Garand_Muzzle_Brake_p/sei%20m1.htm

Snake45

Hawkeye
Korean War-era International Harvester, all original parts. Bought it in the '70s when the IHs were looked down on, now they bring a healthy premium. I did refinish the stock, which had been dented to hell. The bore is horribly pitted but it still shoots well, amazingly.

M1M14Walnut.jpg

Shep

Single-Sixer
SAJohn said:
Making "collector" status out of military firearms that were made in the millions is something I do not understand. M-1 carbines go for unbelievable prices even though several million of them still reside in South Korea where we gave them away free (the S. Korean Government would love to sell them back to us at current U.S. market prices). I wonder where are the Garands and 1911s are.

John

Supply and demand. Doesn`t make any difference how many of anything were made. As long as the demand is higher than the current supply (of anything) they will bring $$$.

gregs45auto

Single-Sixer
I am too poor to have a camera (Spent money on Rugers and garands) BUT check out DGR for eye candy in the way of stocks he has for garands. I bought a myrtle stock from him that is on my IHC. I also like the maple! They made 300,000@ IHC's and are rarest to collect. Manufactured in the 50's greg

Bapple

Bearcat
Well in regards to rare WW2 pieces...

Does anyone have an authentic Singer 1911?

Singer_1911.jpg

It would be amazing to hold one in person.

Hoss4570

Bearcat
Bapple said:

Singer_1911.jpg

Nope, dont have a Singer but do have a Colt, a Remington and a Ithecia. Want a Singer and a Union Signal and Switch. Gettin hard to find. :D :D

Shep

Single-Sixer
Bapple said:

Singer_1911.jpg

Very nice.
I`ve never even seen one aside from pictures.

Shep

Single-Sixer
Colonialgirl said:
I LIKE my Enfields, wouldn't turn down an M-1 though. I would REALLY like an M-14 like I had in the army.

Nothing at all wrong with the Enfields.
I got the one below (a No 4 Mk 2) in unissued condition about 15 years ago. Spent 2 days scrubbing 40 years worth of cosmoline off of it.
Great shooter.

100_1507-1.jpg

100_1510-1.jpg

BearBio

Buckeye
I composed this for another thread. NM M-1 ((1.6M), 1911, and an M-3 combat knife:
003.jpg

Inland Carbine, 1943 Iwo Jima vet on the 1911, Carbine M-4 bayonet:
002.jpg

The Boys of '17:
082.jpg