Finally got a 375 Ruger

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Bullthrower338

Single-Sixer
I bought a NIB 375 Ruger today, been wanting one for a while now but they seem hard to come by especially with the over molded Hogue stock. I was pretty happy with the deal I got. I need another 375 like a hole in the head but oh well, what is one more gonna hurt!
1693102546323.jpeg

Bullthrower338

Single-Sixer
When's the next Safari,?
I'm dying to get back over there but haven't made a solid plan yet. I love Africa more than a fat kid loves cake, but the job change from contractor to company man makes hunting there more of a challenge! I will get back there but the little Ruger will probably stay home, I bought a sexy Dakota in 9.3x64 Brenneke for my next trip for plains game, 470 double will always get the nod for buff!

I had planned a safari, but after I got married, my plans changed and cancelled the trip and eventually sold those rifles. Now after the years have passed, I wanted to re-acquire another heavyweight rifle for "fun" at the range, which for me for my rifle, is hitting pie plates at 50yds standing with iron sights. Plus, in case opportunity opened up, at least I'd be ready.

Fit some
I had planned a safari, but after I got married, my plans changed and cancelled the trip and eventually sold those rifles. Now after the years have passed, I wanted to re-acquire another heavyweight rifle for "fun" at the range, which for me for my rifle, is hitting pie plates at 50yds standing with iron sights. Plus, in case opportunity opened up, at least I'd be ready.
Fit some Express sights to an over and under or side by side shotgun and get some 3" slugs

Bullthrower338

Single-Sixer
I had the same gun but then decided I didn't really need it. I sold it on here to someone who was planning to move to Alaska. It was a good shooting gun.

I don't plan on going back to Africa, but if I get a chance for an Alaskan Brownie, I still have my Guide Gun in 338 RCM.
I started shooting a 338 RCM a few years ago, I am very impressed with it. Took me a while to acquire enough brass to last me my lifetime but I'm good now. I have two of the compact magnums, very handy sized rifle.