Finally a SR1911 appeared.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Ruger Redhawk

Single-Sixer
I finally got my SR1911. I got a call from a local dealer (2/17) they received 4 in. I've been on my dealers list back home since the last part of April. Just FYI the S/N range is 670- 141XX

RugerSR1911003-1.jpg

Here you go revhigh
The blued gun is my Colt Series 70 "Gold Cup". I've had it about 35 years. Hasn't been fired in at least 30 years.

revhigh

Hawkeye
Ruger Redhawk said:
RugerSR1911003-1.jpg

Here you go revhigh
The blued gun is my Colt Series 70 "Gold Cup". I've had it about 35 years. Hasn't been fired in at least 30 years.

Nice gun ... except for those grips. Hope you still have the originals !! You need some nice factory double diamonds !! :D

Gold Cups are meant to be shot ... and ALOT.

Why haven't you fired it in the last 30 years ?

REV

Gregg1LE

Single-Sixer
revhigh said:
Ruger Redhawk said:
RugerSR1911003-1.jpg

Here you go revhigh

REV

Yes,why wouldn't you shoot this gun as it was intended?It would be on its third rebuild if it was mine.....

And congrats on the SR1911.Please shoot it often,its a great 1911.

Ruger Redhawk

Single-Sixer
revhigh said:
Ruger Redhawk said:
RugerSR1911003-1.jpg

Here you go revhigh

Nice gun ... except for those grips. Hope you still have the originals !! You need some nice factory double diamonds !! :D

Gold Cups are meant to be shot ... and ALOT.

REV

Yes I have the original grips for it.

I used to shoot allot. I worked at a gun shop for awhile that had a range back in the mid to late 70's. I shot the GC some there. I can't really answer why I haven't shot it in all these years. I do like shooting it and would never sell it. I was shooting allot back then mostly my High Standard Victor or my S&W M 41. Then I got in to shooting black powder joined a muzzleloading club. I can't honestly tell you the last time I went to a range to shoot other then sight in hunting rifles.
I'm disabled now and most of the time don't feel like doing much. I've thought about joining a range that isn't to far away. I've got other handguns and rifles that have never had a round through them.

I do want to shoot the SR1911 soon.I have a Kahr CM9 I need to put through the paces before carrying it. I know it's a waste having these guns and not using them. I'll keep the wife smiling when I'm gone.

Not to make you drool. That GS I worked for was a Colt Distributor. I saw hundreds of new Colts.I think I paid about 280.00 for that Gold Cup.

Ruger Redhawk

Single-Sixer
Ruger Packer said:
Nothing wrong with those grips! If you like 'em, that's all that counts!!! 8)

I've had those grips so long I forgot they were on it until I went to take the pictures. When we received these grips at the GS when I worked there I thought they were different and I liked them. They are well made. Since it's been in the safe all those years nobody has seen them. I just wanted to show some Southern Hospitality.

DemskeetSkeet

Bearcat
Congrats!

I've been first on the list with my dealer since the day it launched last year.

She still hasn't seen a one!

I did talk to Ruger at SHOT this year and they told me their production has doubled since it launched.

It'll be my first 1911 and .45acp.

I have over 1500 rounds waiting for it......

Ruger Redhawk

Single-Sixer
More seem to be showing up. Be patient it worth waiting for. I was on my dealers list back home since they were announced. Last July I added my name to a local dealers list. They are who came through. They got I believe 4 in.

Good luck.