Fiber optic sights

Help Support Ruger Forum:

VaqueroNC

Bearcat
Good afternoon everyone. I want to install high-vis fiber optic front sights on a couple of my New Vaqueros, but I could not find any reliable information on who is good at doing this on the single actions, so I would be very interested in anybody's recommendations.

Thanks,

Chuck 100 yd

Hunter
Vaqueros have fixed sights and a front sight blade that is soldered in place.
Some sort of ramp or a dovetail would have to be installed by a gunsmith in order to install fiber optics on one. The rear sight would most likely have to be replaced with some sort of adjustable to match.

Harthun

Bearcat
I'm needing help like a tutorial or instructions on mounting the mount from Galloway precision that replaces the rear sight so I can install a rmr red dot rmds.

contender

Ruger Guru
Welcome to both of the new members here in this thread.
To VaqueroNC, please understand to add fiber optics to a fixed sighted gun will require gunsmithing, and $$$. While Hi-Viz offers an easy front sight fiber optic for the stainless Blackhawks, and for the Ruger SA's with the screw on front sight, none are offered for the Vaquero model. You would be money ahead to sell the Vaquero & buy a Blackhawk of the same caliber & configuration if you must have fiber optics.
But, if you are committed to adding Hi-Viz to a Vaquero, as noted, a gunsmith will have to remove the current front sight, dovetail the barrel, add a base to allow the height needed to regulate the sights, and then add the Hi-Viz.
Where in NC are you?

Harthun, I'm not sure of all your abbreviations. What is rmr & rmds?