FERMINATOR CHICKENS

Help Support Ruger Forum:

sixshot

Buckeye
A couple of years ago I picked up a very nice stainless 44 maggie from Fermin, he had converted it over to a Bisley with the 10 1/2" barrel. He told me he was sick & tired of it hitting everything he shot at. Well, now I'm having the same problem, this thing just won't miss. I've been packing it the last few days for deer but so far have only shot grouse with it, although I have seen several deer along the way.
I really think you could hold a foot over a grouse & pull the trigger & they would fly up & intercept the 240 gr cast HP that I'm running out there at 1200 fps. Of course this isn't a max load but its extremely...extremely accurate with 10 grs of Unique.
I haven't figured out the problem yet but just maybe there's a miss in there somewhere, should know in the next few days.
Last night I whacked these 2 blue grouse as they fed along a little stream, there were actually 3 of them but one bailed out on me before I could ear back the Bisley hammer, the other 2 paid dearly!
They was kind of in the shadows so I had to body shoot them, that makes it kind of rough on them when you are shooting HP's. They both started out the same size but one ended up about 6" longer than the other after that big hollow point zipped through his engine, transmission, heart, lungs,ribcage, liver, breasts & both drum sticks.

100_3487.jpg

Tonight I whacked a real big blue, this one seen me coming & just squatted down in the dirt, bad choice, the big HP took most of the head off. You can see most of his head is gone. I gave these birds to a friend, she makes chicken soup out of them & wants all I can get. Six more days & I'm elk hunting, wish I had a photo of Elmer on one of my holsters! I can see a Keith classic holster in the works, yoweee!

100_3488.jpg

Dick

contender

Ruger Guru
Nice shooting there Dick. Now we know that the gun is accurate,, but it's also the man behind the trigger. Those grouse just didn't stand a chance!
We expect deer pics soon & then the elk ones,,!

sixshot

Buckeye
Ya guys, when the 44 is all you have with you it can get a little messy sometimes but I love whacking grouse up on the mountain tops.

Dick

David Bradshaw

Blackhawk
Dick... very nice revolver, in the breed of the KS411N SILVER HORNPIPE. When you finally go to get some skin wrapped around the Hornpipe, consider a WIDE belt loop to help stabilize the long barrel. And set the loop at a SLIGHT muzzle-forward rake, since this will work for strong side or cross draw. Don't exaggerate the rake, as then it will only work cross draw. (Unless that is what you want.) Allow enough breathing room around the barrel to prevent fierce sight drag on the draw. No Slim Jim for a serrated ramp front sight.

Level belt loop at top of cylinder, unless you just got to have one of them leg-flappin' 1950's drop loops.

The last partridge I've taken rolled to 4" M-29 with cast 240 SWC over 5.5/HP-38, bullet seated deep to crimp above front band in .44 mag brass. COL=1.500-inch. Beheaded one, gutted another without damage to breast or legs.

Best,
David Bradshaw

Latest posts