Factory Ivory Grips

Help Support Ruger Forum:

lark63

Single-Sixer
Heavy Barrel said:
contender said:
Gee Heavy Barrel,,, some folks around here would be polite & offer to buy those & let you double your money. Giving the age & inflation & all,, I'll do better than that,, I'll triple your money! :D :D :D

Seriously,, if you still have those grips,, that's EXCELLENT! It would be great if you have the sales receipt where you bought them as well.
Now,, for many folks,, who discuss the "fakes" & the factories," it would be very helpful if you took detailed, up close pictures of both sets of grips,, front & back,, especially around the medallion. There has been a LOT of discussion about what's "real" and what's fake out there for a long time. Any & all verifiable sets help us weed out the fakes.

Still have the grips but no reciept,purchased them from the Altoona Leather Store in Altoona,PA.There's more,I have a pair of consecutive engraved single sixes still in box,one fired the other never.I'm thinking they were either $315 or $325 but 1957 was a long time ago and my memory's not near what it used to be.If I get some time in the next few days I'll post a few pictures.

I really think you need to provide some pictures of them engraved sixes!