Eight Shot Ruger LCR .22

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
Who's complaining? Not me. I was just suggesting. Obviously the LCR 22LR is a great pocket self defense gun for those that are very recoil sensitive. Why not a little longer barrel for those of us that like a little longer barrel? How hard can that be?
BTW I have a 3" SP-101 :roll: :D :D

...Jimbo

Specs

Single-Sixer
Just like the original LCR, a magnum version can't be far behind. It would be a perfect sd revolver for my wife. If they made it a convertible, WOW! I have the KLCR 357 and it's great, but even 38 spec is more than my wife likes.

sheepman

Bearcat
Looks good to me wife has a LCR 38 but does not like recoil or muzzle blast. I load light 38s now but she would be happier with a 22. A 22 is not the best choice but better than a gun she won't shoot or carry. :roll:

Single-Sixer
Always room for another .22lr as far as I'm concerned. I can definitely see me buying one fairly soon.

Specs

Single-Sixer
sheepman said:
Looks good to me wife has a LCR 38 but does not like recoil or muzzle blast. I load light 38s now but she would be happier with a 22. A 22 is not the best choice but better than a gun she won't shoot or carry. :roll:

Hold out for the 22 mag version and load it with the new short barrel ammo .

contender

Ruger Guru
As long as I've been around here, and having witnessed many new Ruger offerings, I can say that Ruger will NEVER be able to please everyone.
Everybody has their "preferrences" in what they would enjoy. Well, I would HOPE that these folks who immediately find fault with whatever new offering comes out would think of something said by a wise person long ago;
"If you have nothing good to say, it's best to say nothing."

Noah228

Bearcat
"If you have nothing good to say, it's best to say nothing."

+1. I'm with Contender on that saying. I say good for Ruger for rolling out so many interesting variations of handguns and rifles. I enjoy my Rugers for sure and IMHO they are the best value for the $.

Jeff Quinn

Single-Sixer
I like it, and I like the short barrel. Very good, useful revolver. When S&W made the Model 63 with a two-inch barrel, everyone bought the four inch instead. Now, the 2 incher brings a lot of money, because folks who want the short barrel are willing to pay the price.

I like this short-barreled LCR-22.
I also want a 22 magnum version.
I also want a three-inch with adjustable sights.

I love 22 rimfires.

Jeff

Ilikeguns

Bearcat
I filled out a "Ask the CEO" request for a LCR .22Lr 2+ years ago when I purchased a new LCR .38 Sp. I'm glad Ruger has built this model. It will compete well vs the S&W 317 .22Lr, of which I have owned 4 different new ones. I will buy this Ruger. Thanks Ruger for listening.

welder

Buckeye
I like this short-barreled LCR-22.
I also want a 22 magnum version.
I also want a three-inch with adjustable sights.

I love 22 rimfires. QUOTE

Jeff, count me in your camp. I want one also. Just a thought, what about a convertible? BTW, I appreciate your reviews. Thanks.

Jeff Quinn

Single-Sixer
madd-trapper said:
Jeff how is the LCR trigger pull compared to the S&W 317? I almost bought one but wasnt to impressed with the heavy trigger pull.

My 317 was from 11 years ago, but it had a smooth but heavy trigger pull, in the twelve pound range, and stacked all the way to release.
The LCR trigger is much better.

Jeff

JustsayMo

Single-Sixer
Ruger is tapped into my wallet this year - Gunsite Scout Rifle, SR1911, SP101 4" (just ordered it this week) - Wouldn't mind the SP101 22 or the Single Ten, but a fella's still got to pay rent and buy food and ammo.... Now this... I was just pondering parting with the LCP and getting an LCR 38 for the wife. Now I need the 38 AND the 22...

I need a better paying job if Ruger is planning on keeping this up.

Jeff Quinn

Single-Sixer
JustsayMo said:
Ruger is tapped into my wallet this year - Gunsite Scout Rifle, SR1911, SP101 4" (just ordered it this week) - Wouldn't mind the SP101 22 or the Single Ten, but a fella's still got to pay rent and buy food and ammo.... Now this... I was just pondering parting with the LCP and getting an LCR 38 for the wife. Now I need the 38 AND the 22...

I need a better paying job if Ruger is planning on keeping this up.

Start job-hunting. Ruger has more on the way.

Jeff

JustsayMo

Single-Sixer
Jeff - your videos aren't helping my self restraint any.

Luckily I have a very tolerant wife. When I told her the Ruger Gunsite Scout Rifle was "The one rifle to have if you can only have one" she just laughed knowing I'd be looking for coins in the sofa cushions to buy the next one that caught my eye.

Kind of a tough time of year for a lemonade stand... Car washes are out too...

I had a feeling with the Shot Show coming up Ruger would be testing me some more...

Out West

Bearcat
[/quote]

Start job-hunting. Ruger has more on the way.

Jeff[/quote]

Do tell! Is a 22 mag LCR in the offing? What other surprises can you share with Ruger's most devoted?

Thanks,

Out
West

Boge

Single-Sixer
Jeff Quinn said:
...Start job-hunting. Ruger has more on the way.

Jeff

Ruger has set the bar high the past several years at the SHOT Show. So, if they are introducing this .22 now that means to me that they have something novel coming in Jan. 2012. Something big. Please let it be a five shot .44 Spcl. LCR!!! :p

Latest posts