Dustin / John Linebaugh .500 Bisley Vaquero...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Boge Quinn

Single-Sixer
Received this from Dustin on Friday, and I am SO pleased with it. UPS guy just barely made it before it started getting dark, so here are a few hastily-snapped pics, taken at waning sunlight in a drizzling rain. Better pics to come later.

Been waiting for this one for a long time - some of you may remember that a year ago I watched the Super Bowl from a hospital bed, where I had just had a coronary stent installed after a heart attack. When John Linebaugh heard about my heart problems, he wanted to contribute to the project in some way, so he made the cylinder. The rest of the work is by Dustin - 4" octagon barrel, gold-bar drift front sight with Dustin's rear sight insert, linen micarta grip panels. Good-lookin' thumper, I think. Shoots good, too, but she does kick a mite! I LIKE the blued hammer, even if it was my idea.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

mm6mm6

Blackhawk
That's one handsome looking custom revolver! I really like the rear sight. I especially like the last photo of the rear sight. The drizzle on the frame proves that handgun won't live the rest of eternity in the darkness of a gunsafe.

May it see many days of sunlight (and a few more even of rain)!

Boge Quinn

Single-Sixer
Here's a better look at the front sight. Insert is a solid vertically-inlaid gold bar, and it really jumps out there. VERY easy to pick-up, especially when the light starts to fade. Ol' Dustin is always thinking about ways to improve.

11.jpg

12.jpg

deac45

Single-Sixer
That is one nice handful of serious b'dness there! :shock:

I'll second the motion for a Gunblast video! Full snort loads, of course.

deac45

Boge Quinn

Single-Sixer
It's the "old-style" Micarta, made from resin-impregnated layers of linen so it has a nice grain. There is a similar process using paper, I believe that's what Freedom Arms uses and it's quite nice as well.