Engraved Ruger Vaquero

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I picked this up from engraver David Wade Harris last week. David is known for his cattle brand engraving. He was trained by Wheldon Bledsoe. I had the revolver for a couple years and thought it meeded something. It came to me from Tyler Gun Works with the mammoth ivory grips, action work, etc. Im very pleased with it. I hope to shoot it next week when the weather clears up. It was a great shooter before. Should be even more fun now.

1000003155.jpg

IMG_20240110_183927.jpg

Before the engraving pic
1000003226.jpg

Ride1949

Hunter
I'm not usually much of a fan engraved guns. However, that is one nice looking Vaquero.

Someday never comes. I suggest its now. I dont have the money either, but can still work and make more. These custom gun smiths and engravers are not getting younger.
Unfortunately ( or luckily) I'm on a mostly fixed income. Retired a couple years ago and not taking SS yet, living off investments. So I sell off some of my stash of old car parts to finance my other passions. There is an engraver here local- I'm going to have to speak with him some day. Eddie at Smoke Wagon gave me an $800 estimate for what I wanted. But that involves shipping it through an FFL, and getting it back through the same, with another background check. My state has been trying to tie up background checks and the only reason we can still buy guns is a TRO from a 2A friendly judge. And the TRO is facing a litany of appeals from the gun grabbers. So until that clears up, I'll more than likely be waiting.

Latest posts