Don't You Wish You Lived In South Dakota?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

graygun

Hunter
I had to pull over for a half hour due to almost zero visibility in a dust storm (12 miles west of Muleshoe,TX) on April fourth. I was driving home from NM and had hoped to go to Wolf Creek CO to ski two days. The wind was gusting to 50 at the resort with an 8 F ambient. The summit camera showed a white blur. I didn't go...lol.

I had to pull over for a half hour due to almost zero visibility in a dust storm (12 miles west of Muleshoe,TX) on April fourth. I was driving home from NM and had hoped to go to Wolf Creek CO to ski two days. The wind was gusting to 50 at the resort with an 8 F ambient. The summit camera showed a white blur. I didn't go...lol.
Not much of a skier.

RSIno1

Hunter
It drizzled all day in SoCal yesterday. 75 now and 75-80 predicted for next week. I knew my parents picked this place over MI for a reason.

dannyd

Hunter
It drizzled all day in SoCal yesterday. 75 now and 75-80 predicted for next week. I knew my parents picked this place over MI for a reason.
I live in California for 17 months never rained once I think, but we did have an earthquake. :)

Ride1949

Hunter
16807304572856295477209469499226.jpg

woodsy

Blackhawk
Mark Twain had a house built in Hartford, CT. (Still standing and a fascinating place to visit.) While there he said that he saw the weather change 264 times in one day. That's New England.
When my wife and I drove our travel trailer to Yellowstone National Park we visited Custer State Park in SD. It was wonderful and fascinating. And we had to wait (among a bunch of other travelers) for the bison to clear the road. Plus we passed a prairie dog colony, where I was able to whistle-up a "dog" to our truck. Very nice interlude on our way to Yellowstone. My only caution (to myself) was the gates which were at the entrances to the highway which kept people away during snowstorms. I'd like to visit SD again, during the summer (!).

How would you know ?
Real skiers would have been out there with snow goggles on, Vaseline smeared on their faces, a few frost bitten appendages and stories
of being the only crazy bastards up there in the wildest conditions ever skied!
But mostly I was just joking with you!

Last edited:

Latest posts