Cylinder storage

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Poco Oso

Buckeye
I like that idea JohnFLand. I usually store mine in the fleece bag, in a Ruger padded gun case with the gun, in the safe. Keeps them together in case i want to shoot either .45 Colt or ACP. Or both. :wink: This would work even better.

contender

Ruger Guru
Did someone say cylinder storage? :D :D

Here is what I use. It's also a Plano 3700 series,,, but doesn't have the holes in it.

These are my spare cylinders,,, not with any guns. The ones that match a gun are with that gun. OR,,, if I have a gun that had been missing a cylinder when I got it,,, I tried to match up a correct one.

Arokcrwlr

Blackhawk
JohnFLand - I really like that idea!

Where can one buy these containers without having to buy a whole case? I could use 10-20 - I sure don't need 450...

JohnFLand

Bearcat
Arokcrwlr said:

Where can one buy these containers without having to buy a whole case? I could use 10-20 - I sure don't need 450...

Individual cylinders available here: http://www.esdplasticcontainers.com/Lacons-202450-Hinged-Lid-Container_p_39.html

Arokcrwlr

Blackhawk
JohnFLand said:
Arokcrwlr said:

Individual cylinders available here: http://www.esdplasticcontainers.com/Lacons-202450-Hinged-Lid-Container_p_39.html

Thank you! Order placed...

CraigC

Hawkeye
Out of 40 single actions, I have but three convertibles and they rarely get used as such. Therefore, I like to store mine in random places and in random containers so that they may never be found when needed. ;)

Rclark

Hunter
I have but three convertibles and they rarely get used as such
Come to think of it ... That's all I have too. Two .45 Colt/.45 ACP (medium frame cylinders) and one .357/9mm (medium frame as well). Wait I do have four... Forgot about the Single Six .22LR/.22Mag. As you though, the .45 ACP, 9mm, and .22Mag cylinders seem to stay hidden somewhere :) . Mine are in felt bags.

Arokcrwlr

Blackhawk
I ended up buying n=20 of the containers mentioned by JohnFLand. They are great for this purpose.

I don't need that many, so if anyone here would like a few let me know and you can have them for shipping costs via Paypal. I probably have n=10 available - please only request the number you need, so others who have a need can request some...