Custom GP 100

Help Support Ruger Forum:

BKDinTexas

Bearcat
Please expound on the Hogue grip modification. The extra length on the bottom. Very interested in that as well.

As to the other guy, if you don't like his work, just go away. It's a great big internet...

bcgunworks

Single-Sixer
BKDinTexas said:
Please expound on the Hogue grip modification. The extra length on the bottom. Very interested in that as well.

As to the other guy, if you don't like his work, just go away. It's a great big internet...

It's the hogue mono grip. The butt is ground flat then a piece of aluminum is fit to the bottom.

Aluminum tends to track better on a rear bag and doesn't snag.

I also use the hogue big but grips but the bottom of those is more of a rounded bottom that doesn't have a flat surface for consistent performance on the rear bag.

TucsonDirt

Single-Sixer
Cool GP100 and a great demonstration of its potential, thanks for posting Jules and great job bcgunworks!
To me the results speak for themselves.

CraigC

Hawkeye
BKDinTexas said:
If you actually bothered to read the thread, you would see that I merely asked questions to get some clarification as to what was actually done to the gun and why. Ya know, like YOU just did about the grips???

bcgunworks

Single-Sixer
TucsonDirt said:
Cool GP100 and a great demonstration of its potential, thanks for posting Jules and great job bcgunworks!
To me the results speak for themselves.

Thank you for taking your time to read the posts and look at the evidence.

jules

Single-Sixer
I like to post when good things happen. BTW..Chris of BCG not only is a great gunsmith he also teaches one of the very few Gunsmithing classes you'll find.