Cool Sign

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Saw this sign when I was in S Dakota prairie doggin last year. My buddy found some on the internet and bought us each one.

sercs7.jpg

Snake45

Hawkeye
This should be the offical ad campaign for Remington Golden Bullets. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

freakindawgen

Single-Sixer
My friend Lee buys this brand. It comes in a butter tub. 500 rounds for 3.00 I think its called "I can't believe it's not ammo"

BearStopper

Blackhawk
Just saw that one myself in a well stocked gunshop in La Grande, Oregon. Had to do a double take once my mind processed the phrase. Call me slow but it took me a couple seconds to realize it is a spoof instead of a genuine ad repro.

Hugh

Buckeye
I saw that in a magazine forever ago, don't remember when but it was before 1970. "Outdoor Life" or something of that sort. I don't recall what captions were present, but I definitely remember the bear, hat, rifle, and scrap of fabric in the bear's mouth. It may have even been in the 1950's; just don't recall when.

gunsbam69

Hunter
Hugh said:
I saw that in a magazine forever ago, don't remember when but it was before 1970. "Outdoor Life" or something of that sort. I don't recall what captions were present, but I definitely remember the bear, hat, rifle, and scrap of fabric in the bear's mouth. It may have even been in the 1950's; just don't recall when.

If you ever recall, I'd love to know if this is original artwork with a new twist on words. Makes me wonder if it was originally an ad picture for an article about making sure to take reliable ammo into bear country etc. I bought two of them after I saw this post. I love the old ad signs, but this fake one is my favorite at the moment :mrgreen:

A

Anonymous

gunsbam69 said:
Here are all three I've found so far :D

I found out you can actually order these customized with your own name for the ammo. Like I could get one says "Big Dawg's.

You can get them from Blue Loon Fine Arts: http://www.blueloonfinearts.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=LestersBearCustomized&Category_Code=GoldenAgeParodies&Product_Count=4

You can also get the smaller tin signs from Amazon.

And believe it or not, you can get these as a limited edition print, signed by the artist. Hint: They ain't cheap. The artist is W. McLoughlin, and the paintings and other goods come from New Hampshire.

Latest posts